How is everybody dealing with the snow

by d 31 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

Somebody just told this is the largest snow storm the US has ever had they heard this on TV, the Today show i think. Is this true?

I was in Illinois in the late 70's when we had some rather bad winters.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s Canada..Winter=snow..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

We're being warned about a snowstorm that's supposed to start tonight. They're estimating 30+ cm of snow. It's not that much, but a pain in the ass for me. The battery in my truck is dead and needs to be replaced, I'm nearly out of groceries, and I'm hobbling around with a bum leg.

I should have known better. This always happens when I neglect to fill my freezer in the fall.

W

• paladin
    paladin

In our South Saskatchewan city the area for dumping snow reached 65+ feet in depth and our night time temperature dropped to -34 C or -30 F. I have enough packed snow in my yard to fill a semi dump truck.

• d
    d

Hi, in Connecticut there are reports of people's roofs breaking.Even I am experiencing problems with this winter.This is not a good way to start off the year.I also heard saturday, we might get more snow mixed with freezing rain and also on monday.I do not think people can any more of this snow. This is getting really old really quickly.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Snow! where's the snow? it's 30 degrees C here, humid as, can't sleep at night,

• Heaven
    Heaven

Definitely when the weather gets bad I work from home. We have dug out from Snowmageddon here in Ontario. Some of the roads are still snow packed. It's sunny today!

I'm a tad stiff from the shovelling but not too bad. I use a muscle recovery product designed for weight lifters to deal with the aching muscles. It works quite well.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Lots of snow = lots of shoveling and lots of playing. I took a snow day with the kids yesterday and we had a great time.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We ended up with about 18 inches of snow and 60 mph wind gusts . That left huge drifts across local county highways . Everything is pretty much dug out today ,but the temps dropped to -13 F this morning .

finally found our sidewalk again !

Our neighbors cars ! I am glad we parked in the driveway ....

• blondie
    blondie

We had 4 foot drifts in the driveway...thanks for snowblowers and helpful neighbors. Government offices were closed to the public though some made it in, very few, mostly people within 3 or 4 blocks walking distance. All clear today except for cars parked on the street that were plowed in. Thank goodness for garages. Sunny and cold today but livable.

http://www.channel3000.com/slideshow/news/26708061/detail.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit