Having the Circuit Oversear over for dinner...was it like a royal visit for you??

by Witness 007 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I rang a Sister who I haven't spoken to for years who said "she couldn't talk since she was cooking for the C.O and his wife who have special dietary needs......was this like a royal visits at your Cong and whats with the "we can't eat flour, or yeast" or blah blah blah!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I used to view it as a royal visit. I was in a smal congregation and got to know them quite well and started to realized they were just humans. Some were extrealy self centered and not appreciative.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I used to see it that way. Our family was never privileged to have the co over for a meal, that i remember. Guess my dad didn't rate.

S

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My mother sees it that way. It's like she has a mini orgasm just thinking about it.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

We never applied for, and were never asked for, too much on the fringe, except when we were living oversea, where we accomodated CO and wife, quite decent, friendly and open people (as much as a CO couple can be), for a whole week. Not a royal visit, rather an opportunity to chat about whether the collapse of the USSR (at the time) was that of the king of the north. I also remember having raised with him the incoherence where the paradise (red) book read that obviously the world belonged to Satan, for the reason that he was telling it so to Jesus. How could that be the reason, I said, since Satan is the father of the lie ?

• Alfred
    Alfred

When I was about 12 years old, we had CO Rene Vazquez over for lunch following field circus. We didn't know this back then but Rene was a close friend of Ray Franz (Ray mentioned Rene in "Crisis of Conscience"). Anyway, I remember my mom stressing out and barking cleaning orders at my siblings and I for over a week prior to this "special lunch". She wanted to keep the house perfectly spotless and, apparently, we were not helping the cause... As a family, it had to have been the most stressful week of our lives... we were all on pins and needles until Rene Vazquez finally drove away and we all exhaled.... I thought "all that fuss for a 45 minute lunch break"... now that I look back on this, the whole charade seems so utterly ridiculous (the meeting to discuss the menu, the assignments given to the sisters, etc)...

(By the way, Rene was the most genuine, caring and intelligent COs I've ever met in my 36 years in the borg... a real classy guy too)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Last time we had the CO he made a comment about the size of the LCD TV in our dining room.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Cantleave the co was thinking how can a window cleaner afford such a big tv Must be charging alot of dosh then

HHG

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

cantleave, he was just jealous cos he was a window cleaner and your not!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

The last few years i was in they would take my apartment and the ex and I would stay with the inlaws... not good memories. Yes I cleaned the house so well I think it was clean enough for surgery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit