Our Stories and Why They Matter

by Farkel 69 Replies latest jw friends

• bsmart
    bsmart

What everyone has said! You tell a mighty entertaining story, and we'd like to know the backstory to your life. I dont want much, huh?

I need to do the same... glad you started the thread, maybe all of us can take your advise about hitting the keyboard. I'll be turning 64 soon and when I faded I still thought it was the "truth". I'll really be irritated if you don't get on the stick tho! Take care of yourself bro.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Why don't you write your story and then send me a PM if you want to share it. I can arrange to have the material edited and then it will be posted on www.watchtowerdocuments.com. Just think, your story won't disappear in a few days like it does on a discussion board, but stay on the Watchtower Documents website till time indefinite. Also, if you want to do like the author of the Alan Miller story did, you don't have to include any identifying narrative.

Barbara

• Farkel
    Farkel

barb,

:Why don't you write your story and then send me a PM if you want to share it. I can arrange to have the material edited and then it will be posted on www.watchtowerdocuments.com. Just think, your story won't disappear in a few days like it does on a discussion board, but stay on the Watchtower Documents website till time indefinite. Also, if you want to do like the author of the Alan Miller story did, you don't have to include any identifying narrative.

I already said I would do that, barb. And I will. As time permits. I'm retired now and I like retired. It slows down my passion a bit. I worked so hard when I worked. It is nice not to have to do that now. My passion for stuff may reawaken, but not until I get to be lazy for just a little while. And sleep late for a little while, too. I hardly ever got to sleep in late before and I kind of like it right now.

Farkel, Sleeping IN CLASS (It's Bible-Based)

• avishai
    avishai

Brilliant

• streets76
    streets76

Off topic: The Stories were a one-hit wonder band from the '70s that don't really matter much anymore, but that one hit was pretty good. Carry on.

• acolytes
    acolytes

A professor of literature once said to me "There is no such thing as a bad book, only a badly read book" I thought this was a stupid thing to say, now i think this a ring of truth about it.

Acolytes

• wobble
    wobble

Acolytes, have you read Dan Brown ?

I think as many as possible should take up Barbs kind offer of a bit of immortality, without any danger attached to it for us faders.

I shall write mine as though I am now a lesbian to cover my tracks, oh damn that won't work, I am a lesbian !

• acolytes
    acolytes

Wobble.. To answer your question: Yes i have read Dan Brown. (it was a christmas present)

My question: Why do you ask?

Added information: I thought the book made a great film-script.(Divinci Code).but as the bible says "the world is full of books........" and iam happy to leave Dan Brown on the libary shelfs.

Acolytes

• alias
    alias

I love this thread, Farkel. Our stories do matter. We help one another in so many ways through our sharing. Thank you for reminding us of this.

alias

• journey-on
    journey-on

I always read your stuff, Farkel. Whatever the topic, if you post on it, I open and read what you have to say. I love your acerbic comebacks and they are almost always deserved. (I know you from somewhere)....that's the feeling I get when I finish reading a long topic in which you have deftly debated an issue. You are familiar to me although we don't know each other.

I'm sorry for your deteriorating health. Dying begins the moment we contact the cause of our death, and in the case of a prolonged terminal illness, we see the process clearly and are able to consciously witness the circle of life closing in on its center. I firmly believe to the point of almost knowing with certainty that one can transform the dying process into a vehicle of self-realization.

Please tell your story. The tiniest of detail can become a seed of growth for another. .......journey-on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit