How many here have never been one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Spade 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spade
    Spade

"Juan -- WELCOME!

in addition to what wobble said, Spade is getting a lot of flack, but its not because of her views (which are pretty harmless for the most part, she has only really said one nasty thing this time around by my count), its because spade was previously incarnated as another poster who made a hobby out of calling certain verified abuse victims liars. bad delusional troll. bad!"

I've never called any "verified abuse victims liars." Although completely unrelated (you changed the subject), news and analysis on abuse and victims is here for the record:

If you don't agree with it, please place your comments elsewhere.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well now, that confirms it.

• Spade
    Spade

"Well now, that confirms it."

It confirms I didn't do something someone accused me of doing.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    People are diametrically opposed to each other belief-wise while universally allied against Jehovah's Witnesses.

LOL.

Most of the people I know think that Jehovah's Witnesses are a harmless Christian religion. Even those brought up in high control cults themselves.

They are not allied against you, they don't really know who you are.

For all that door knocking, much of their knowledge of Dubland comes from news items and TV soaps about JWs refusing blood transfusions.

You need to get out and about more. Talk to people. By talk, I mean listen, not just impose your thoughts on them, actually listen, and put some effort into comprehending what they are actually saying, rather than reading between the lines to feed your delusion they always say something that fits your preconceived notions.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It confirms I didn't do something someone accused me of doing.

That's not what I meant. You have a habit of assuming, dont you?

• bohm
    bohm

oh dear spade, im sorry. i mixed you up with alice. why, forgive me -- i think its because of the similar posting style, the similar nonsense, the similar delusions, the similar bashing of Mary, the fact you registered just after alice left -- but ofcourse you are two completely different people. im so sorry. Its just that i mixed you up and remembered what a nasty cow alice was.

i hope your wife is fine!

have you accepted a bible study? i think you should. do you know the watchtower has an official webpage and a monthly magazine? there is little reason you should be here, given all the wholesome spiritual goddies you can spend your time on.

SORRY SPADE YOU NICE PERSON! PLEASE BE A GOOD CHRISTIAN AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS!

• Spade
    Spade

"oh dear spade, im sorry. i mixed you up with alice. why, forgive me -- i think its because of the similar posting style, the similar nonsense, the similar delusions, the similar bashing of Mary, the fact you registered just after alice left -- but ofcourse you are two completely different people. im so sorry. Its just that i mixed you up and remembered what a nasty cow alice was.

i hope your wife is fine!

have you accepted a bible study? i think you should. do you know the watchtower has an official webpage and a monthly magazine? there is little reason you should be here, given all the wholesome spiritual goddies you can spend your time on.

SORRY SPADE YOU NICE PERSON! PLEASE BE A GOOD CHRISTIAN AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS!"

This is just the funniest darn thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWtDqzumT0w

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

@ Spade

The WTBTS claims that it alone has the right to guide people to God, and has monopolized the path of salvation. After careful research anyone with an objective mind can find out that they have been spreading false doctrines, predictions, and basically keeping people in perpetual disillusion.

Even if there is no other form of organized religion that is 100% correct, I don't think that we necessarily have to pick the least of all evils. Especially when the religion in question claims to be far superior than others while failing on so many levels.

I'm still formally a JW, but i plan on leaving in the near future for this reason. I truly think that having questions that might remain unanswered is better than having all the answers but being deprived of the right to question them.

Being sincere with myself, I admit that many things such as life, our brain, the hereafter, the supernatural, death and so forth are for the most part a mystery. Scientists and religionists try to provide explanations, but does that satisfy our thirst for knowledge? Even before coming to this site when I still believed the whole JW dogma, I couldn't provide an answer to many of these things. In that aspect nothing has changed, I'm just a human being desiring to understand and learn. My question to you is: Are you able to provide an explanation to everything you see and feel, and how much of that is a direct illumination from the Watchtower?

• dgp
    dgp

Shamus, I believe you're right about people not getting it .

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Most of the people I know think that Jehovah's Witnesses are a harmless Christian religion. Even those brought up in high control cults themselves.
    They are not allied against you, they don't really know who you are.

This is so true of the majority of the people that I know. I remember back when I was on a Christian retreat with other students from college we had a group session discussing whether or not there would be world peace if the whole world was Christian. The obvious answer is NO but some students attempted to say that it would be a 'step in the right direction.' Perhaps, but the biggest problem is all the differing religions and their bickering over what is the 'correct doctrine.'

We agreed that we should be more open and tolerant to other views and someone suggested that we include the Jehovah's Witnesses. None of us saw anything wrong with it, and I too was pretty much in agreement. Perhaps that is why I allowed myself to get married to one and why I studied with them. I just did not see them as anything but a harmless Christian religion. I even believed their propaganda on blood.

BOY WAS I DUPED! At least I researched them first before considering becoming one of them.

Spade, if you are a non-witness who sees nothing wrong with them and sees others criticizing them as them saying something out of ignorance, I understand. I used to be you. I remember going to a church where the pastor came out and said at the beginning of his sermon, "Mormons, false religion, Jehovah's Witness, false religion..." So I paid attention to his sermon and caught him in error himself.

I remember going to another church where the pastor was going over the book of Revelations every Wednesday night. When he got to the part concerning the 144,000 he said something along the lines of, "Jehovah's Witnesses used to think they were the 144,000 but their numbers got too big and they had to do something about it..." I remember thinking, "wrong," because I knew about the two class Christian system then. However, what I did not know what that the two class system is their current doctrine. At one point in time, Russelites did indeed believe that they were all the annointed class and that the two class system was invented to do something about the increasing number of members. So in essence, that pastor was right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit