How many here have never been one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Spade 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spade
    Spade

How many here have never been one of Jehovah's Witnesses? There seems to be a common denominator of former Witnesses who accuse the Watchtower society of being a false organization. What they crave is acknowledgment that their way is the best way. They are desperate to have their ears tickled and are dedicated to those who hate the Watchtower society. What we have here is made up exclusively of ex-JWs who in their own words have "escaped the cult." They all claim how wonderful it is that they have escaped the “lies” of the Watchtower society by using foul language, derogatory terms and sexual innuendos with each other. They claim sensational media stories originating with apostates are truth. They claim literature written by disgruntled ex-members is truth. Some have talked about picketing outside the KH against shunning. They are no longer “brainwashed” or “controlled.”

Now comes the interesting part: have these so called “enlightened” individuals found something better? Have they found the truth? As opposed to the “lies” they used to believe?

10% have become atheists. 10% agnostic. 30% are not sure if the entire Bible is God’s word, 50% believe the Bible is Gods word. Out of that fifty percent 10% believe Jehovah is God’s name, but that he is the same as Jesus. 10% believe God and Jesus are separate. 10% believe Jehovah is not the correct rendition of the name and that it should not be used. 15% believe it does not matter. 5% believe God should be addresses as Jesus. Further, out of that 50 percent 70% believe they will go to heaven. 30% are not sure. 70% think God’s holy spirit is a person and part of a trinity, 30% are not sure what the holy spirit is. 60% believe the earth will be destroyed, 40% are not sure what will happen to the earth. 10% believe there is a hell. Of the thirty percent who are not sure about the Bible 85% believe in the after life but not sure where and how. 15% believe in re-incarnation. 40% dabble or have dabbled in the occult. 60% of those who believe they will go to heaven have no idea what to expect and 40% believe they will be on a re-created ‘heavenly’ earth. That just goes for doctrinal beliefs. It must be mentioned that almost 90% of them cannot explain why God has permitted wickedness and 100% of those who believe in God also believe that no matter what they do, they will be saved. Which also explains the personal beliefs and morals, just briefly around 80% believing homosexuality is ok, 60% believe adultery is ok (if for the right reasons, lol). 90% sleeping with someone before marriage (for the right reasons) is ok.

The statistics here are hypothetical but anyone would get the point and why those with a commitment to intellectual integrity, objectivity and honest debate would find the variety of conflicting doctrines disconcerting.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Good Point - We all have a journey to take.

The best part, is that we all get to figure it out on our own, and not be told what we HAVE to believe.

elder-schmelder

• jay88
    jay88

Welcome, to the TIME of First Century Christianity, my friend.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Now comes the interesting part: have these so called “enlightened” individuals found something better? Have they found the truth? As opposed to the “lies” they used to believe?
    Yes, I have found the Truth. The truth is that this is MY life. Everything is about ME! The world is my chattel, my plaything, to toy with as I please.

Hope this helps.

W

• Ding
    Ding

What percentage still believe the WTBTS is God's organization and that they are in the truth...

... but commit a disfellowshipping offense by joining and posting on an apostate website...

... as if using a fake name means Jehovah doesn't know who they are and what they're doing?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This is funny to me because a question similar to this in a Watchtower Study, is pretty much what set me on the course of apostacy. The question was whether or not those that had left the organization had found an abundance of spiritual food somewhere else? The paragraph then went on to answer the question saying that they had not, because there are none. Probably one of the greatest moments in my life. A very telling scenario because it indicated to me that something is very wrong within this organization. Now here you are posting essentially the same question and I find myself having the same thought that, something is very wrong with you.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Please define what 'never' means. Thank you.

• blondie
    blondie

Accord to the WTS for many years only the anointed were "Jehovah's witnesses" since they only were "spiritual Israelites." Any others were called "companions" of Jehovah's witnesses. So based on that, never have been anointed, that means I was never a jw.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Spade,

That would be me. Although the rest of your post addresses ex-jws.

They all claim how wonderful it is that they have escaped the “lies” of the Watchtower society by using foul language, derogatory terms and sexual innuendos with each other.

No more foul language and innuendo than my fellow office workers, or indeed most people trying to avoid boring the audience.

have these so called “enlightened” individuals found something better? Have they found the truth?

IMHO, "truth" is subjective, and changes over time for many individuals, As indeed the Watchtower's "truth" changes over time.

The statistics here are hypothetical but anyone would get the point and why those with a commitment to intellectual integrity, objectivity and honest debate would find the variety of conflicting doctrines disconcerting

That is so Watchtower, loaded language (integrity, objectivity, honest) and then defining what people with these qualities would

'find". It is neither honest nor objective to write stuff like this without supporting it.

Retro

• porfiada
    porfiada

Like my blood brother says, "the Watchtower is a Factory of Atheists". We can only thank them for the number of atheists ex-jws.

The level of deception felt from being one of its members is so large that many end up either atheists or just party monsters (I became both at 18).

Still there are some who have gained a real relationship with Christ, like they never had in the borg. I envy these....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit