Help: Re: Letter to elders NOT to disfellowship otherwise legal action will be taken

by LouBelle 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Band on the Run - Since you were hyped up and couldn't imagine why I would not just disfellowship myself - I was clarifying my situation - and pointed to my profile to read, not a huge thing really.

Thanks to those that got to the point - I have the letter in hand and am helping my aunt prepare.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Elders are told to back off any judicial proceeding and contact the society if the accused threatens to invoke the assistance of a lawyer or to sue.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

LouBelle,

I did not give you unsolicited legal advice. Only a lawyer admitted in your state, hearing the details, can give legal advice. You don't like the law. It is not my fault. Your rudeness and stings will not alter the law.

Growing up means living with a degree of uncertainty and sometimes weighing two bad results. Your vehemence is beyond my comprehension. You don't know me personally. Evidently, I triggered something deep within you. Law is not the path to salvation and every groovy thing in life. Business people hire lawyers to assess their risk. Lawyers don't tell them what course of conduct to follow. Good lawyers don't allow themselves to people-please their clients. Knowing the strengths of your opponent's case is more important than knowing its weaknesses.

You are not the owner of the forum, as far as I am aware. We don't grade each other here. Rather, than making snide, aggressive comments, perhaps you should consider why they trouble you so much. I have my credentials and fair share of acclaim. Your approval or disapproval doesn't matter to me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hey, Band--

Remember it's an emotional issue for people. I doubt she meant any malice. Probably just striking out at anything/everything right now.

I for one, appreciate someone like you with a professional background being willing to take the time to post what is an experienced reply/comment.

DOC

• coffee shop guy
    coffee shop guy

mamalove,

They admitted to looking in your windows?!!!

The only way to see the detail they described to CHG's mom is if they were parked and looking. Yup, looks like they were peeking.

The letter sent named the elder who would be brought in for questioning. So all the local authorities now know who he is and what

he's involved with. The legal advice was to send a letter with the words "cease and desist" in it. It also describes what cival action will be taken if anything like it happens again. So far all's quiet on the Eastern front. (that window faces east)

CSG

• mamalove
    mamalove

CHG-I am sure he is pretty embarassed now that he has been called out! Good job. You deserve your privacy!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

**eyeroll**

really? BandOnTheRun ?

your presumptions, your comments are out of line - I never EVER brought your character into it at all and yet, simply because I suggested you go to my profile, you suddenly call me ... oh you can go back and read it all - I can't be bothered to copy paste... really? really? The need you have to attack my character - amazing! You never triggered anything, but if you want to believe that to make you feel better that is fine. I am sure you'll continue with your remarks.

Again to those that I know on the board both personally and long time members - thank you for supplying me with the letter I asked for.

**done**

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Loubelle,

thanks for the thread, I am sure that it has set a number of us thinking how we would handle our DF'ing threat should one arise.

Could you please let us know how it goes ? Thanks.

And Band on the Run, I too value your presence and comments on here, I think there may have been a little mis-understanding on both sides between you and our dear Loubelle, it is funny how words on the page often do not come accross as we hear them in our minds, or if we spoke them to the person, and so, as tone and facial expression are missing, we often read things in to what is written that were not intended.

Lets all get along in love on here, we had enough of spats and back-biting in the JW's !

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Ignoring trolls is good advice. My time can be better spent that trying to explain a topic on which I have extended personal knowledge. Perhaps no one should know b/c someone, somewhere in the universe does not want to hear the story. Disfellowshipping by the Witnesses is no small matter. Free legal letters on letterhead of out of state lawyers are dubious. A local lawyer, knowing law in your state, will most likely offer a free consultation and even give some preliminary legal advice. My purpose was educational, not to put anyone down.

If I come across more such posters, I can go to another site. What impress normal people might make a trained lawyer scoff. One such letter was posted. I would crumple it up. I knew everything legal when I was a political science major. When I volunteered for a leading civil rights group, I was told NO legal advice over the telephone. This sounded good in theory to me. There were no lawyers around, though, and I was a poli sci major. So when the grown-ups were otherwise occupied, I gave all sorts of legal advice, gleaned from reading the front page of the New York Times. When I finally sat in law school, I slunk in my chair as I realized how wrong I was and how people relied on it to their detriment.

I come here for validation and information. We are not even arguing about anything substantive but, rather, miffed feelings. Harsh words hurt. I've been insulated from such attitude for a long time and I don't want to re-enter it. Maybe this is the wrong place for me. The Witnesses left a deep wound in my psyche. We both are apparent victims of the Society and should share that circumstance. I didn't come here to learn crochet skills.

I'm endeavoring to turn the other cheek but i am not Jesus. I still try. Write what venom you want b/c I will not answer future posts. If you write more, you are merely stating your thoughts out loud. I've been wrong to take the bait.

Despite the above, I hope you find a good resolution in terms of the Witnesses. It seems that there is a broad range of possible outcomes. My hunch is that more might depend upon the individual elders than any other factor. I still wish you the best.

• Roski
    Roski

Band - I recently saw a lawyer (solicitor) re the situation I have now. Wihout going back over your posts - he said some of the same things you have said, even though a different country. Your experience and knowledge is valuable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit