Help: Re: Letter to elders NOT to disfellowship otherwise legal action will be taken

by LouBelle 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello there everyone. I remember reading a while back about someone on here ( I think) that wrote a letter to the body of elders & headoffice that they should not take any action to disfellowship them as they would be distancing them from friends and relatives and would proceed to take legal action if the body of elders went ahead.

If anyone has that link or can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate that.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

check page 3 of the Best of under letters

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"Best of" is very buggy. Has been for years.

I used to have some tricks for looking at it, but they required using a certain browser and good timing to stop it loading before it crashed.

If you know the link Lee, please post it.

I just tried to have a look and now I have an extra window on my screen that I don't like and it won't go away.

Thanks

Chris

• Awen
    Awen

May you have peace:

The page can be viewed just fine with Google Chrome. It crashes in Firefox.

here's the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of/78540/1/The-Best-of-Letters-to-family-and-elders-WTS

Peace,

Awen

edit: I don't know how to insert links, so you'll have to copy and paste.

• Awen
    Awen

Very odd. I could go to the webpage with Google Chrome and see the links, but when I clicked on them the page won't load. I just get a blank page.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Peace,

Awen

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

its probably faulty javascript code in the forum's programming - try turning off javascript and trying the link

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Has anyone recently really had any success with getting them to call off the dogs by using the strategy of a letter like this? In the US, at least, the courts are not going to get involved in an internal religious matter. One could always sue in civil court, but that would take huge amounts of money and the WTS has more than any one individual could match. And they would go to bat against anything that could set a precedent. And their lawyers are free.

I could only see any hope of it being effective if it involved a person joining the military or something that would be bad PR if it got publicity.

• dgp
    dgp

I think it was C. K. Chesterfield who said that his being crucified (or put in the torture stake, if you will) was not at all Jesus defeat, but his triumph. I mention this because I think this is a battle worth losing. If everyone who wanted to leave wrote a similar letter, stating that they don't want their name tarnished and they don't want their relatives to be forced to shun them, and then all of them had a way to put these stories in the media, then civil courts would have nothing to do in the matter but it would be bad public relations for the Watchtower. And in this sense, the US is a better country than others, even if civil courts won't mess with religious matters.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi LouBelle:

Doc Bob wrote an excellent letter on the subject. I'll try to locate it.

CoCo

• compound complex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit