A former CO elder wants to speak with me. What do you guys make of this?

by Piercingtheveil81 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freetosee
    freetosee

Yes, very strange! He is coming with his wife and not an elder. And how come they are trying to contact you through your grandmother and not your wife who goes to the meetings. I guess they are not in the same congregation with your wife. Seems like he has not been assigned to speak to you, but you never know.

Maybe they are just trying to encourage you both or they are having doubts themselves (but then why come to you?) or it might be like bobld suggested.

It will be interesting to find out what they really want.

• Room 215
    Room 215

What more can he do to you? You're already DA'd and therefore anathema to all the goodie-goodie JWs.

• designs
    designs

There's always someone in the Organization that wants you back. It fades with time. I get fewer requests each year that I'm gone.

Take care, enjoy the new life.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Let him.

Don't tell him anything. Don't answer his questions.

Ask questions that lead him to FDS - 1919 - 1914 - 607 - list of years of Neo-Babylonian Empire showing which kings reigned in each year.

Don't let him get away with any trickery to weasel his way out of answering your question, or to attack your character.

Good luck

Chris

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

My two cents, talk to the guy. If you are leading a happier life now, let him know it. If you have achieved doctrinal clarity since leaving JWs, let him know it. Show him that an ex-JW can be happy and live a quality life. Address your doubts and issues with JW teachings in a reasonable, loving, respectful manner. Express confidence in your new beliefs. As Black Sheep said, ask him questions. Just don't attack him or make yourself appear to have superior knowledge. If you think this guy is a decent man, then he deserves your time. It may change his view as to what happens when someone leaves "The Truth." You may just give him something to think about after your discussion.

• Alfred
    Alfred

If I'm not mistaken, elders and COs are not allowed to initiate discussions with disassociated persons. This probably explains the CO leaving his cell number with your grandmother (so you would be the one initiating contact)... What motive he might have is hard to determine... maybe he needs to convince one more DA'd person to meet his yearly quota and get promoted to DO? who knows...

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I think you should meet with him. You're already DA'd. If he brings up anything about how your wife feels, just say "You would need to talk to her about that." I agree with Franklin Massey.....Show him how happy you are and the things you've learned.

But most importantly: LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!! Please and Thank You!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit