A former CO elder wants to speak with me. What do you guys make of this?

by Piercingtheveil81 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

A former CO elder visited my grandmother, who studied years ago with JWs, and said he wanted to speak with me. I DA'd myself about two years ago from the org after 11 years. I was an MS and pioneer for 8 years and the whole bit. He is quite knowledgeable and was always nice to my family.

Anyway, he left his house and cell number and told my grandmother to tell me to call him so "we can speak about my doubts or any unanswered questions"

What do you guys make of it? They also want to meet my wife who is still going meetings.

PVT81

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

once you walk away never ever speak with any of them, I never did.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

What could it hurt? You already DA'ed.

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe he needs to re-think his own position.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Hey sorry to go off topic, but...Piercingtheveil, did you name yourself after the band?

• baltar447
    baltar447

You're DA'd, so what the hell see what he wants. As long as you aren't trying for reinstatement.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Since you are already DA'ed I would say do it if you like the guy.

• minimus
    minimus

Of course, they could be wanting to know about the wife's feelings and leanings.

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

Thanks for the comments.

I was also wondering if they were trying to learn more about my wifes feelings. I was also thinking what the heck, why not. I'm definitely not trying to get reinstated for sure. I practice a different religion now.

brotherdan, No I didn't name myself after the band "Pierce the Veil". Although I used to listen to them and even seen them live as "Before Today". I got the idea from the concept of piercing the veil of ignorance to see the truth.

PVT81

• sherah
    sherah

Could be a last ditch effort by your grandmother to get you back in the congregtion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit