Made up field service experience at yesterday's Public Talk

by RULES & REGULATIONS 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

IT'S not a lie...... it's "encouragement"

• Heaven
    Heaven

There is no escape from the Kingdom preaching.

'Evidently' there is. Just come to my place. They don't knock on my door. I know because I work from home. I think it was from the one and only encounter we had. They couldn't wait to get off my porch. You just have to know what to say.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

This reminds me of doing Assembly parts. I was a good JW kid and every time I was interviewed they would take part of what I said and change it. They controlled every word I said and most of my "experiance" wasn't even true. I hated it even as a kid I thought they are asking me questions but they tell me how to answer?

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

The latest fabrication is about floods in Brazil where large groups of brothers and sisters clean up their own individual homes. As a neighbor watches she comments where did all these helpers come from, and she was told from the local KH. She replied never has anyone from her church come over to help clean her house. These stories always throw mud at other religions, making Jehovah s witnesses appear superior.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOUND SHEEP:

I know what you mean about those assembly parts.

The ones that bothered me were the so-called experiences of people who claimed they either gave up a college education or a lucrative job in order to pioneer.. What nobody will ever hear about are when these people had to get off the pioneer list a few years later because of financial problems!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I have been dog bit.

The releif work I see is Mennonites. BAPTISTS, catholics, lutheran, mormon, muslim, and tranny bikers

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I moved to rural Ohio seven or eight years ago. I have lived in a house and two apartments in different areas. I know there is at least one KH in the area, and probably two or three others. The WTS doesn't know where I live. JWs have knocked on my door a total of one time since I've lived out here.

This is not a complaint, mind you. But they do not seem very active out here. I never see the carts, I never see JWs at any doors or walking down a street (granted, I do not expect this in a mostly rural area). This is a contrast from the tightly-crowded city I lived most of my life in, where they were a common site (and where I was one of those JWs for a long time).

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Watchtower has a Creative Writing Department.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

One day I was invited to deliver a part in a symposium on a Circuit Assembly.

I had to attend the rehearsal with the CO and DO (at the time). In some other symposium part, the assigned elder invited an elderly, shy sister was to be interviewed and tell an experience of how she persisted in calling back someone that showed some interest in a tract. The sister told her story that ended up with the house dweller becoming part of her regular literature itinerary. End of story.

The CO wasn't exactly thrilled with it, but was tired and didn't have time to find a better story, so he ok'd it. However, the DO (a major prick) said "well, that's not a very encouraging story, is it? Interviewing someone on the platform with such a small outcome isn't good enough", he scolded the elder.

"Tell me, sister, did you start a Bible study with the person?" The terrorized sister replied "n..no ..." The DO insisted: "Well, are you able to read a bible text to the person when you visit?", he asked. "Not yet ... I only leave the magazines". The DO got frustrated: "Well, do you think that you will be able to at least read one bible text to the person on your next visit?" he pushed. "I ... I suppose I can try ..."

The DO smiled. "Well, then, you will say that your persistence resulted in initiating a new bible study. Now everyone will be much more encouraged, don't you agree?" "Y...Yes, brother DO"

And so it was, on the Circuit Assembly next week she told the story from the platform of how her efforts yielded a new, and ongoing, bible study. *claps*

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

A few years back there was an experience on one of the broadcasts.

It was the wife of a C.O. telling how she was the ONLY member of her immediate family who persevered in Bible study and JWism while the rest of her family pursued "worldly" goals. She said she had the help of her granny. And it was through HER that they all eventually (returned to Jehovah) took up the JW burden.

I grew up with her family. Her parents and mine were close friends. I knew her grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and siblings.

Her story on the broadcast was at the best very close to outright lies. That is one of the now "missing" broadcasts from what I have been told.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit