Made up field service experience at yesterday's Public Talk

by RULES & REGULATIONS 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The only "dog" story I know from field service was when I one day managed to stomp on ones head with my heel , as it came at me from behind (it was a rather low- to- the- ground type of breed, but could still have inflicted a serious enough bite).

There certainly were no angels about that day - none that I could see, anyway!

They have to come up with something to delay people from nodding off to sleep during their public talks, and "Never let the truth get in the way of a good Public Talk" seems to be as good a way as any!

Bill.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Story told in a public talk about a pioneer sister in the US who got up early to clean her house before spending all day on field service. When confronted with a householder who told her she should be spending her time looking after her home, she invited the householder round to see her house. The invite was accepted and an inspection was made by the householder who duly acknowledged its cleanliness and started a study.

Immediately didn't ring true. How many householders would go round and inspect a stranger's house to make sure they'd done their housework?? Oh come on!! Even the speaker was hesitant when he was telling the story as if he had trouble believing it too.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I remember various accounts of "we got the literature through despite the fierce fighting/opposition/miles to be travelled on foot" type circumstances and it was these stories that started me waking up. Not enough to do anything for a couple of years or even openly question but just not be as "whole souled" about it all as I was.

If Jehovah was blessing these efforts with success despite extreme conditions why couldn we never get our literature in Spain. We were not facing any oppositon/under ban/war torn/flooded or any other permutation of disaster recounted in the mags but our KMs were scanned and then emailed from some-ones old cong in UK and then photocopied again. Print quality always seem to come out slightly wobbly. The Days Text books didnt reach us until mid June and I never got a Calendar, Year Book or Watchtower cd rom the whole time I was there even tho we all requested them. A new Bible would take up to a year so any new studies never got their own personal copy of any literature to study they just had a copy for the duration of the study and then had to give it back.

We quite often had to share books and Watchtowers at meetings that holiday makers very kindly brought out for us and yeah..... if the public talk was so important why did we only get 1 or 2 a month!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there are very few Dubs in Singapore let alone ones going D2D I'd say another bullshit story they keep falling far.Remember the Japanese Yakuza bullshit some years ago, very suspicious as well.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember a CO counseling that if experiences are used that should be from the publications, "which have been verified by the slave." When my hubbie gave his experience, it had been edited and massaged beyond truth.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Boyzone, we also knew here in Romania about that experience with the housewife who cleaned the house before FS. I think I heard it 2 years ago at a convention.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard more than my share of experiences at a$$emblies where the witlesses gave up much and are now pio-sneering. These things include decent paying jobs, college, and making sure they have enough physical things to live on. These were preventing them from pio-sneering, and so they quit doing them. They pio-sneered, and they claim to have someone in the audience (they never back it up) that came into the cancer because of this.

What they don't say is that doing this is sure to lead to destitution. Quit that good job, live off savings, and all it takes is one good round of hyperinflation (Zimbabwe, anyone?) to wipe out the value of that savings. Or, what happens if, by taking 6 months off, they could heal totally from an illness that, because they continued pio-sneering anyways, becomes permanent? Very often, it is these unnecessary hardships that are intentionally left out. And, which is going to be a better protection when hyperinflation hits the United Tyranny of America, a good job and wise investments (in silver and gold), or Jehovah? I don't think investing in Jehovah is going to pay out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anyone who has given an Experince at an Assembly..

Knows how badly the storys are Taken out of Context or,Outright Fabricated..

It`s happened to me..It`s happened to Everyone I`ve Talked with..

WBT$ Storys are Bullshit..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they said the same story 5 months ago at my Circuit Assembly

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Yeah,and everyone had a "the guy was about to kill himself"or "Kill the next person that came to the door" story...yawn...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit