Who cares about Jesus?

by brotherdan 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

One thing that initially disturbed me when I was questioning the organization was their lack of focus on Jesus. Whether you believe in Him or not, you have to admit that JWs focus MAINLY on Jehovah and His organization. To the apostles their entire message was about Jesus. They died for "the name". But to the Watchtower Jesus tends to only be an after thought.

Yesterdays meeting confirmed it even more! The article was on Jehovah's sovreignty and what it will accomplish in the future. I was interested to see what they would say about Jesus in the outworking of this.

Jesus is named only ONCE in the entire article. And He is lumped in a category with other "faithful men". This was even more 'brazen' than usual (IMO). Here is the quote:

-----------------

Many humans have exercised faith and
    maintained their integrity with respect to
    Jehovah’s sovereignty and the sanctification
    of his name. Their number includes
    Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Sarah,Moses,
    Ruth, David, Jesus, the early disciples of
    Christ, and millions of integrity keepers today.
    Such upholders of divine sovereignty
    share in proving Satan a liar and in clearing
    Jehovah’s name of the reproach that the
    Devilhas heaped upon it by boasting that he
    could turn all mankind away from God.
    —Prov. 27:11.

---------------------------------

Note, that this was the ONLY time Jesus was mentioned. There was no talk about salvation through Christ. Jesus was only mentioned as one of a number of "humans" that maintained their integrity. I really don't know how they could denigrate Jesus any lower than they already have.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I really don't know how they could denigrate Jesus any lower than they already have.

The step would be to not mention Jesus at all.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't think they will ever do that. But in an article about the "drama" that has played out from Adam to Armageddon, you would think that they would have HAD to mention Jesus more than once. And when they talk about Him, He was only spoken of as a human that helped sanctify His name.

• jay88
    jay88

It's their party and they can talk about jesus how they want to. Keep in mind that they are the only ones to communciate with "god and jesus" directly.

Stay in a childs(john class) place!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't think they will ever do that.

You never know but to me it's seems to be the logical next step. They're already usurped Christ's role as mediator and placed themselved in that role as the fictitious faithful and discreet slave. They already deny the divinity of Christ and have reduced his role to being only human. I'm waiting for them to deny Christ as being son of God and put him on the same level of being just a prophet. Why mention him at all?

But I could be wrong.

• myelaine
    myelaine

THE LOVE OF GOD...generic "love" or Jesus? preaching your own expression of love is a form of deifiying YOUR idea of "love". you are bringing Almighty God down to your level by using what your idea of love is and placing it on the same level as Him.(romans 1:23) for instance you have talked about unconditional love and how Jesus' disciples would be known by the love they have amongst themselves...but do you "see" your idea of love or God's idea of love? God expressed HISLOVE for us by giving us a way out of our sinful, dying condition. Leviticus 18:5 is the Law of Love deut. 27:26, cursed is he who doesn't carry them out!!! God's love is shown in His Hand(isaiah 11:11), Jesus Christ...He gave Him to all of us without condition. ie. we don't have to earn Jesus. He was a gift from God the Father. That is unconditional love. But to draw benefit from the unconditional gift of love we have to reach out and "accept" it. in this respect there is a distinct difference between having faith in the gift(knowing it is there for you) and accepting the gift (apprehending the gift for yourself) accordingly God in His mercy and love gave Jesus but without turning to Jesus you have not apprehended (taken the Hand of [isaiah 11:11])the mercy and love of God. Jesus asks the Father to forgive the people that wanted Him crucified...but is that a forgiveness to salvation or do these people still need to apprehend Jesus to receive the everlasting mercy and love of God?...if they don't then why, why, why did Jesus have to die for our sins if these who can deny Jesus is Lord and Saviour are saved by their own righteousness?...why, why, why, did Jesus send out people to "make disciples" of the nations...if these "nations" who deny Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour would be saved by their own righteousness anyway? How do these find their way into the kingdom?do they have to enter in by the gate or not?All of us are unworthy to enter into the presence of the Holy God...only the blood of Jesus makes us "worthy" we must make every effort to preach this message not only to show our appreciation for this great gift but because we are in fact fulfilling the second part of the commandment to israel - - love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, with all thy strength and with all thy mind...and love thy neighbour as thyself!...... to say that the UNsaved(including JW's) are partakers of the inheritance because of the way they treat the least of the brethren, are they not saved into the eternal kingdom by their own righteousness?...did the israelites just have to have faith that the copper snake would heal them spiritually and physically or did they have to actually have to physically turn toward the snake and look at it?...they had to turn and look, a "type" of repenting NOT a "type" of faith... how easy it is to show "love" and show "mercy" towards your fellow man without showing THE love of God...you have substituted your love for the love of God in Jesus Christ...that is why the message of God's "love" is life to some and death to some...because while some are willing to accept your unconditional love the same won't accept the unconditional "love" that God sent...Jesus Christ. some people are speaking about the spirit of Christ, and the spirit of peace...where is the name?...in the bible there is the Prince of Peace (a person with a name) indeed the spirit of Christ didn't shed His blood for anyone...the person Jesus shed His blood for your sins...there is a danger leaving off this name...the danger is manifest in that eventually spirit becomes "nameless" and again generic...rev. 2:13 love michelle

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Did you mean to post that on a different thread, myelaine?

• myelaine
    myelaine

no brotherdan, I did not mean to post it in another thread. articulating the "Good News" of God's love just emphasizes the WTBTS's ignorance of who the Love of God is...how CAN they do more than give Jesus a passing mention in their article?

how they CAN blatantly ignore someone that they purport to "gain everlasting life by" and care about is heartbreaking especially for those in the congregations who are looking up to them for guidence...congregants will never know the Love of God as long as it is selfishly with-held from them by prideful wolves who have done nothing more than wrapped THEMSELVES in old red capes.

love michelle

• Ding
    Ding

This would seem to corroborate something I posted a few weeks ago -- that to the WTS Jesus is just an historical figure like Moses.

They consider the FDS to be far more important to us today.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Oh, ok! Sorry, Michelle. I was just reading on another thread and your post would've gone good there too! :-)

Ding, you're totally right. They think of Jesus as an example to follow. There were a couple paragraphs in the same Watchtower yesterday that talked about the creation of the world. It gave it ALL to Jehovah (which according to them means "the Father"). There was no talk about Jesus being the one that created everything. There was no talk about Col 1.

They really are not showing themselves to be following John 5:23 where it says: "that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit