Who cares about Jesus?

by brotherdan 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Who cares about Jesus?

Well:

About 173,000,000 results on Google

268,798 Results on Amazon.

Just to name two sources, so it seems that quite a few people care, just not the WTBT it seems.

• laverite
    laverite

I would love to see a content analysis of WT articles (covering the entire history of the GB structure within the BOrg) in which, among other things, the ratio of F&DS/GB to Jesus mentions is quantified.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That would be awesome, laverite.

It's funny. They will defend themselves saying that they DO focus on Jesus and that this is just something noticed by a disgruntled exjw. But I'd bet money that it would be noticable by the most die hard atheist that couldn't care less about the WTS and Christianity in general. My point is that it's not even debatable. They do not focus on Jesus. Whether you care if that is right or wrong, it's just a fact. Their focus is on Jehovah and the Faithful Slave class.

Jesus only causes problems for them anyway, right? I mean, without Jesus they wouldn't have to argue Trinity...so why not just get rid of Him?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I would love to see a content analysis of WT articles (covering the entire history of the GB structure within the BOrg) in which, among other things, the ratio of F&DS/GB to Jesus mentions is quantified.

Interesting idea! And one that I could probably pull off.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you'd like to see a group of JWs get scared looks on their faces, start talking about Jesus to them.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Funny that you say that leavingwt! I've tried talking to my wife about the need to go to Jesus for salvation and not the organization. She told me, "You sound like false religion when you talk about Jesus."

I took it as a compliment, actually...

She also gets made when I talk to our son about Jesus. Everything is supposed to be "We are making Jehovah happy" and "Jehovah made the beautiful flowers". If I say anything about Jesus making anything then she gives me the stink eye.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    "You sound like false religion when you talk about Jesus."

Exactly. With pretty much all other "Christian" religions, people are free to talk about Jesus. To the outside observer, those afraid to talk about Jesus appear to be odd Christians.

• trevorbv
  • Terry
    Terry

Jehovahianty!

Just as there is too much Paul in the theology of the New Testament there is too much Jehovah in Jehovah's Witness theology.

The Apostles come across as dumb oafs compared to Paul. Jesus comes across as a circuit servant in the Watchtower with Jehovah as the Governing Body in the sky.

There is no balance in religion, apparently.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The Watchtower is a FEAR-based cult, and the Father-God of the New Testament just didn't cut the mustard when it comes to FEAR. So, what the Watchtower has done is resurrect the Old Testament Warmonger God, the one who goes on destructive rampages every now and then when you rub him the wrong way. Even when he's not annihilating anything, he's threatening to. The one who sits on his throne keeping track of how many hours each dub spends praising his name, even putting the name in the New Testament where it has no place.

I believe that one of the main reasons why Jesus came to earth was to expose the God of Israel as a demiurge. That's why they have no use for Jesus. The Black Mass Memorial should be proof enough for anybody how much they despise him. They KNOW that the Watchtower God is not the Father that Jesus said sent him. "The world has not known you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit