Call me paranoid, but its possible that this 30 hour initiative is a weeding out process....a cull if you will...

by miseryloveselders 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Why is door to door work so important?

Sociology.

It is a ritual sacrifice that builds solidarity in the group.

It really is as simple as that. The recruitment of new members is a bonus that may or may not happen. The payoff for field service is group solidarity, and maintaining the group is the prime goal of all groups.

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

Mad Sweeney, I agree in some part.

But I think the goal of the governing body is the recruitment of new members, or that as many people as possible would hear the good news, to put it theocraticly, and the solidarity in the group is the bonus that comes with the preaching.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    But I think the goal of the governing body is the recruitment of new members,

If that were their goal, than everything they did would further their goal.

But that is not what we see.

The org is very bad at recruiting (and keeping, for that matter) new members.

What the org is very good at is making sure that all JWs the world over follow orders perfectly (or as they would say 'remain united').

That is their goal. That is their main focus and all they really care about. They publish rule book after rule book so that every JW the world over knows how to behave in any conceivable situation. That is what the GB do.

Numbers may suffer, but lock-step conformity may not!

• Ding
    Ding
    I don't get why Jehovah's Witnesses put so much emphesis on these pioneer titles.

They are just trying to be like Jesus' original disciples...

... constantly trying to figure out which one of them is the greatest. (Luke 9:46;22:4)

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

Ding, that was o good one,

it expaines everything, I think I'll tell that as a joke to some people in my congregation...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit