Call me paranoid, but its possible that this 30 hour initiative is a weeding out process....a cull if you will...

by miseryloveselders 64 Replies latest jw friends

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

Thanks, I'm glad you people understand my english.

I couldn't be anti-JW because I am a Jehowah's Witness, and I plan to remain one. :) And about being anti WT - I don't know. What I know is that something is wrong in this religion but I don't know exactly what or who- are there some members who are not ok, some at the top of the organisation or is is just me....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Outlaw - "Your the only one she wants... To share her Bucket of Chicken with..."

Shouldn't that be: "Bucket O' Chicken"?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

tia.dalma - "I couldn't be anti-JW because I am a Jehovah's Witness, and I plan to remain one. :) And about being anti WT - I don't know. What I know is that something is wrong in this religion but I don't know exactly what or who- are there some members who are not ok, some at the top of the organisation or is is just me...."

Oh, Tia, stick around a while...

PS: I love the Pirates of the Carribean movies, too.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But I don't see this change as a potential "marking" of people who don't want to pioneer. I think it's a good thing if this becomes permanent, and there is more than one reason for it: first, people who always wanted to do more but don't find time for 50 hours, can now pioneer - because the truth is, if you don't make a comittment about how much time to spend preaching, you are more inclined to stay in front of tv or computer than go preaching, but if you know you have to fulfill your promise you organise your time so that you can do this.

Welcome to the forum tia.dalma!

I don't get why Jehovah's Witnesses put so much emphesis on these pioneer titles. If hours is what every one is trying to get then why don't they just inform the members of the importance and let God give them the strength. Why does their have to be hounders that make sure the congregation is "doing their part." What is this a slave labor mine?

Why create the the Pioneer "elite" group at all? Is that how Jehovah, God of Perfect Justice chooses to run things? By dulling out titles to those who put in the most time and then "encourage" the others to shoot for these positions? Why document this elite group's membership it at all? Just have everyone turn in their hours and praise the people who are obviously putting in a lot of time.

Why the title?
    Why the formal induction and removal from the position?

You are just asking for Days of our Lives to start playing reruns and using the publishers as actors and actresses!

This is not a system of spirituality it is a system of business:

WATCHTOWER BUSINESS MODEL:

#1. Increasing membership leads to:
    #2. More Rank and File* which go out and find new members, which leads back to #1. *Members of Rank and File (Publically Baptized) continuously donate funds to the Watchtower Corperation from their private accounts while providing free labor and indoctrinate their children with the same designation

It's a way to make money forever... money is a huge factor in this world. If you can get yourself on a LOT of money (hundreds of millions) you can further any agenda you want... and that's exactly what the Watchtower does. Why do you think they keep their leaders hidden behind the curtain in Brooklyn? Most Witnesses cannot name their leaders... I wonder how many Israelites didn't know who Moses was? I wonder how many 1st Century Chritians didn't know who Paul was... there is no execuse for their forced anonymity... they don't want you to know what they spend the money on because you might not agree with it...

It all comes down to who the hell elected these people? No random Witness would be able to tell you how they got there, who there are or even if they have the credentials to hold that kind of position.... a serious say on what is done with hundreds of millions possibly billions of dollars. It's madness!

-Sab

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

miseryloveselders - "Call me paranoid, but its possible that this 30 hour initiative is a weeding out process....a cull if you will..."

"...If you will..."???

Shades of Dick Cheney there, dude. Scary.

Ultimately, everything the WTS does these days is a weeding process.

This should not surprise us.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Ultimately, everything the WTS does these days is a weeding process.

You are very correct there!

The Witness belief structure is designed to push away resistance (and that includes from within). They take on no challenges that don't come with a picture handbook. It's because their indoctrination process almost requires the total isolation of the subject to get them to buy any of it on a consistant basis.

-Sab

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sabastious - "They take on no challenges that don't come with a picture handbook."

Some people require visual aids.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I have a question. Why is field work, going door to door, so important? Why don't they spread the word through catchy you tube videos? It was a very long time ago but nothing was placed. The only thing I could place was an occasional Awake magazine. The Watchtower is not riveting reading. More hours does not mean more productive. I'm not certain what their goal is. Look how the tv ministries have had vast audiences. Jerry Falwell. The one going back home. Pat Robertson.

Does more time yield more converts? What does more converts mean? Is it just to sell literature? I just accepted so much at face value. It is a wonder that anyone converts with the wide marketplace of ideas?

• truthlover
    truthlover

Jookbeard:

It's funny that you relate the WTBS to a company and their sales targets -- I have thought about this for years, especially as my background is in retail marketing and sales targets and building up the sales force - I see it at every meeting at the hall and chuckle to myself how people are motivated by machination of the mind..

I saw myself doing the same thing and although we always did make our targets, it impressed on me how manipulation gets the desired results and unfortuantely in this case, the results are life altering, using Jehovah to achieve the target of a publishing company who build, build, build and tell the pubs to give,give,give to get life....

TL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Band on the Run - "Why is field work, going door to door, so important?"

A) Back in the 50's, it WAS the most effective means of recruiting members.

B) GB1.0 assumed that that success indicated that the door-to-door work had God's blessing.

Not so much nowadays (for A, at least), but still;

C) It's a means of keeping the R&F busy.

D) It's a method by which the R&F display their loyalty to the WTS.

E) It's a means of emotional manipulation; if one goes door-to-door but recieves almost constant rejection/abuse, one theoretically stays humble and thusly more amenable to direction. In reality, it can leave significant scars on the psyches of sensitive individuals. This might just be why the Apostle Paul advised that only those with a particularly compatible disposition should do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit