What is the source of this photo?

by possible-san 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Very, very interesting PP. Maybe the best way then to assess the photo is to send it to an expert in the subject.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Just to add my 2 cents here...

About a week after going to bethel I went to my first "Family Night". Most people know that it is the bethel family talent show. There was a presentation put together to music about Rutherford. This photo was included. Everyone laughed as if it showed the humanness of Rutherford. I remember thinking, after watching the video, that he was TOTALLY nuts. Rutherford was a strange strange character.

Anyway, I know that doesn't make the photo "valid", but apparently the guys at bethel thought it was valid.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thank you brother dan, a witness report of the image's presence and use at HQ would indeed help substantiate a Bethel provenance. Important question: Could they have gotten the image from the internet at that time or was this from a time before the wide accessibility of the web?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

The haircut, the form of the nose, the double chin, the hat...It's Rutherford. I don't think this one is fake...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Don't forget that Judgin' Joe died in 1942. If that's a stainless keg, the photo is likely bogus.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Wasn't it Rutherford that stated in one of his books that Liquor Prohibition was an abomination devised by Satan ?

yes thetueone, in 1930 Rutherford put out a 64 page booklet entitled " Prohibition and the League of Nations Born of God or the Devil Which?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It is possible that the keg was made out of aluminum and not stainless steel.

From what I found on the net aluminum was mostly used in EU and not in NA. But that wouldn't stop Rutherford who certainly had the resources to get his booze from where ever he wanted. If he got his hard liquor from Canada during prohibition then I see no reason why he wouldn't have been getting his beer from EU

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Oops! Wrong thread...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

In July 1939 Olin R. Moyle , legal counsel for the Society, wrote an open letter of resignation to the president, in which he complained about behavior of some members of the Watch Tower Society, including Rutherford himself, that he considered excessive and inappropriate. Moyle mentioned California when discussing "the difference between the accommodations furnished to you, and your personal attendants, compared with those furnished to some of your brethren." Moyle also accused Rutherford of "unkind treatment of the staff, outbursts of anger, discrimination and vulgar language" and condemned his allowing the "glorification of alcohol" at Bethel. Penton claims Rutherford's drinking habits were notorious and cites unnamed former Brooklyn Bethel workers who told of difficulties in getting Rutherford to the podium to give public talks due to inebriation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit