What is the source of this photo?

by possible-san 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

If it was during Prohibition he was supposed to be obeying Ceasar's law...

I looked him up on Wiki and he was often accused of "loving his liquor"...some interesting info there..I checked out several of the references..

Snoozy

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    If it was during Prohibition he was supposed to be obeying Ceasar's law

If it was taken during the Prohibition, 80 years later it isn't anything to get excited about.

If you showed it to a Dub they would just say you were 'looking for faults', and view you as an apostate.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That the 1940 photo so closely fits Rutherford's appearance in the Blizard photo makes me think that the latter, if genuine, dates to later than the repeal of Prohibition.

Also I will have to check my collection of Rutherford photos but I find it striking how similar Rutherford's appearance is between the two images, in terms of clothing, hat, hairstyle, etc. If there isn't such a match in other extant images, this may be a point in favor of the image's authenticity, as the newspaper image is one that wasn't widely available or known until Google put the newspaper archive online. However I do recall some 1940 images that may be similar.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Wasn't it Rutherford that stated in one of his books that Liquor Prohibition was an abomination devised by Satan ?

The man obviously loved his liquor as well as Cadillacs, woman that weren't his wife and luxury homes.

Rutherford is a good example of a charlatan living the good life, similar to modern day charlatans and their materialistic greed.

He found what offered him power and wealth and he immersed himself in it without prudence.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

We all know that Ol' Joe was a big fan of ethanol in any form - "awfully fond of his dram" as Monty Python sang, but to

A Dub True Believer, the photograph proves nothing. MAYBE those are chocolate eggcreams. MAYBE it's Ovaltine - who can tell from the photo? There is no liquor bottle in sight.

WE know the truth, and the truth has set us free. JFR was a lush, especially in his later years, as his prophecies and his god continued to fail him.

Yes, he was a spiritual man, IF the spirits were blended in Canada.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Nothing wrong with tappin the keg! You go Rutherford. Get your drink on!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I wouldn't be surprised if the picture was Rutherford partying it up at HQ with some of the WTS workers.

Big deal, like one picture constitutes in entirety what a decisive crook he was.

How about a picture of him with a glass of whiskey in one hand and a cigar in the other while he's sitting

beside one of his beautiful lady assistants in one of his Cadillacs. Now that would be a revealing picture of truth !

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The picture does NOT come from the WT mentioned above from Nov 1 1924 only says the following:

“The devil stands for all things evil. He is the very personification of wickedness. Then how could prohibition of intoxicating liquor be the devil’s scheme? St. Paul answers: “For Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness.”

It has nothing to do with the picture

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I don't know if this is definitive but this site says that stainless keg use wasn't until the 50's. http://www.nickelinstitute.org/index.cfm/ci_id/12606.htm

• streets76
    streets76

They were just getting ready for service. (The "service" was about to be provided by the lady in the flapper hat.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit