What is the source of this photo?

by possible-san 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• possible-san
    possible-san

What is the source of this photo?

Was this printed in a WTS's publication?

Although I know this photo well, I'd like to have persuasiveness when I explain to other people.

possible

• shamus100
    shamus100

They did not believe in prohibition, and this was around that time. The picture looks familiar.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

(Deleted previous comment)

I've seen that photo of Rutherford a few times. Unsure of the source.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think your BEST bet would be to ask Farkle.

Here is link to a a re-posting Leolaia made of a comprehensive article Farkle wrote about Rutherford. The above photo is included in the post:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/154191/1/Rutherford-Exposed-The-Story-of-Berta-and-Bonnie-redux

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Could the photo be from The Watchtower November 1, 1924 ??

That could be implied from this article: http://www.watchthetower.net/booze.html

• possible-san
    possible-san

AudeSapere.

Thank you for the information.

But it seems that the photo which I showed is wider than the photo in the Farkle's article.

possible

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Check the link my post AFTER the one about Farkel's article. It references a Watchtower from the 1940's and the photo looks to be the same size.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I have always suspected this picture to be photoshopped. Why would da Judge allow a photo to be taken of him getting drunk? I just have a hard time buying it. looks a bit fishy. Is there any confirmation on the source? I've always wondered.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I doubt the source is a publication. It is most likely taken at Bethel during the Prohibition.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have been trying to find a source as well. The photo appears to have been scanned and been online since the early days of the web (at least since 1998 I think). There is a close match between the appearance of Rutherford in the photo and in a series of photos taken of him late in life. Compare the attire, hat, hairstyle, and chin:

Perhaps the photo was taken around this time (c. 1940, long after Prohibition), if genuine.

I have also read rumors that there are at Bethel photos of Rutherford in a stupor...I forget if it was Barbara who said that or someone else from Bethel....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit