I'm so very saddened right now

by sooner7nc 52 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

((((((beks)))))))

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

@thetrueone Your right. It's amazing, I feel, that it can stay so strong in ones like my friend who haven't actively pursued the "Truth" in quite a long time.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sooner!

th_4

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Sorry, sooner.....

I think you handled it really well, very dignified.

Palm

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ Lioncask:

My dad said that in relations to what the brothers have said in the past (I asked him didnt the brothers say the world was coming to an end, and he said to get over it wtf?). Its just like Mr. Flipper said: There under mind cult control. I wouldnt have beilieve this two years ago; I know it now. The things they say dont sound right. I just hope that they realize this before its too late! It makes me so angry that an organization, (using God as their defense) can blind peoples mind, and then call so called apostate satan lovers!

Yuck!

• crapola
    crapola

Well, it made me mad and I'm still a little pissed off. This person hasn't done ANYTHING as far as "spiritual" matters go in literally years, has gone through 2 divorces in the last few years because he was so mean and controlling. And another thing that really makes my blood boil is the fact that when someone decides to leave the WT it's automatically presumed we have left Jehovah. That really gripes me because no one can know what is in another person's heart. I for one have a much closer relationship with Jehovah than I ever did when I was contolled by men. I pray more now and feel it really means something. Things like this makes me more certain than ever that I never will go back. EVER!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Those people with the hee-haw sensibilities are very dear to me and I won't have you speaking ill of them.

Well said, Sooner! You stood your ground without being mean, with just a touch of irony for the "loving organiztion". Don't let him get under your skin, you have handled the situation like the honorable man you are.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

"do you live in fear of an all out nuclear war turning this place into a cinder? It very well could happen, right....but will it"

I would turn that around and back at him, I would write something like "even more of a reason to put your beleifs to the test, blablabla last thing you want is Jesus saying at armaggedon that he does not know you" then quote some bible verses, its best to be in the same frequency even if you dont believe in a God/s.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    "do you live in fear of an all out nuclear war turning this place into a cinder? It very well could happen, right....but will it"
    I would turn that around and back at him, I would write something like "even more of a reason to put your beliefs to the test, blablabla last thing you want is Jesus saying at armageddon that he does not know you" then quote some bible verses, its best to be in the same frequency even if you don't believe in a God/s.

I agree with Joey You need to quote some bible verses even if it is not what you believe anymore. I don't believe in the bible, yet to help others open their eyes, I quote it quite a lot to show how wrong the WTS has it.

Sooner7nc maybe you can quote 1 John 4:1 and tell him that's what you have done and your conscience didn't allow you to follow such a false prophet anymore.

(1 John 4:1) Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

3Mozzies

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

He grew up around (Neck deep) in Mormon, Dabbled in Eastern Philosophies, occasionally exposed to the JW's through Grandma...

Studied Evolution at college and determined that the JW's are the only ones that made any concrete sense?

I am wondering what he finally got a degree in or if he even finished college?

I am also believing that he knows a little about a lot but not a lot about anything...

Just because the JW's are masters in misleading doesn't make them right.

He should use the same deligence in seeing how the JW's are wrong and compare..

Anyone can look in the right if your attitude is one that you already think they are..you just pick and choose the topics that back up your thoughts..and ignore the rest. This includes us!

The thing is that we looked a little longer and deeper..

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit