I'm so very saddened right now

by sooner7nc 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

I'm so sorry about your experience. Its so sad that people are choosing an organization over friendships, family etc. I got into an argument with my parents this past Sunday about somethings, and as much as it hurts me, I cant change the way that they feel. MY FATHER TOLD ME TO GET OVER IT! As time goes on, and years roll by, time is going to tell them that something isnt right about this organization. It makes me sick to my stomach that people are actually choosing an organization of people they hardly even know over their families and friends. >Hugs to you<

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    Funny thing about this is the fact that this guy hasn't did anything about the "Troof" in quite a long time

Yet they can often be the strongest defenders.

I'm so sad that this happens.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Cheers MITM.

• tec
    tec

My advice:

Don't change the tone of your replies. If you do, then you're probably just going to reinforce his image of you as an evil apostate. Just stay calm; don't reply if you're angry... just wait. If he continues to want to maintain an open dialogue with you, then why not ask some of the harder hitting questions that have been suggested on the site? Unless of course you just don't want to deal with that sort of thing anymore, and of course that is understandable also.

I know you're sad and hurt. This might be his way of feeling better about the fact that he doesn't do anything either. If he can focus on how 'bad' you are, he doesn't have to think about his own 'failings'.

Tammy

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    MY FATHER TOLD ME TO GET OVER IT!

Unless your father has set out to make you fail (unlikely) he's giving you advice he thinks you'll benefit from. He might deserve a little more credit for the experience he has gained over the years of his life, which outnumber your own. Not a lecture. Life is heavy. Deal with it. When you're as old as I am and look back on the years your father was alive you'll get what I mean.

This situation is messed up because people allow their minds to get so fixed on things they are blind to anything else. What makes it heartbreaking is that sooner7nc's eyes have been opened and he can't open the eyes of those he cares about, and the consequence of that is he is victimised by the WTS. He's got a lot of company.

• flipper
    flipper

SOONER- You answered this guy really well. Good job. I've gone through this with former JW friends as well- remember the guy is cult mind controlled. He's blind as a bat with blinders on. I'm sorry he treated you disrespectfully but he's suffering from spiritual retardation- literally. Keep your chin up. Hang in there

• Satanus
    Satanus

I understand your sadness at his reaction. Even after being out for about 14 yrs, i also feel sadness when reacted to like that by a jw that i called friend for decades.

It's interesting what he seems to think 'getting it' is: 'do you live in fear of an all out nuclear war turning this place into a cinder? It very well could happen, right....but will it?' In other words, he seems to think the core wt foundation belief is fear of world cataclysm. I'm sad for the guy having his whole belief based on fear.

S

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thanks everyone. Yeah Satanus, this whole thing is pretty damned sad, and yes I was kind of perplexed at his mention of nuclear war. Weird.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sorry Sooner. But I've been out for so long I don't even remember most of those people. Even relatives. I've got my mom, I think you do too. That's all that matters.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Retrospectively you can see the WTS. establishes a solid wall to protect their acquired power and accumulative financial support.

My personal opinion on this is since the WTS was established on false ideological premises such as Pyramidology and other false proclamations,

there is an acting pretentiousness that is in control of the organization from the top all the way down to the bottom.

With that in plaice its not really surprising that this Organization operates with such strong armed tactics in controlling people,

watching carefully what they say and even what they're thinking. Its control control control which is carefully shaped to support the organization.

This is big power and big money at stake and the people at the top of this Pyramid are intent in hanging on to it, in whatever means possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit