chumming with that freak with the signs; i couldn't
    believe that...pure evil slander and don't feed
    me any stories, that's complete BS and those
    guys are demoniacally possessed if a man ever was

sorry you never tapped into a relationship with
    Jehovah, you turned your back on the only
    REAL thing you ever had in your life dude,
    you just never learned enough to know it

I think he's talking about Rick Fearon (freak with the signs)

This is how replied.

John,
    I respect your right to believe in any way you see fit even if it goes completely against what I find to be true. That being said, I find your reaction to be, sadly, exactly what I expected. I was taught for many years that anyone who "Turned his back on Jehovah" was the worst of the worst, evil incarnate. Well, I guess if I was trying to control what people did and thought I'd tell them the same. However, the only thing that I really turned my back on was a publishing company that purports itself to be the one and only avenue to God; a publishing company of failed predictions and duplicitous dealings.
    Now that I have that out of the way I'm going to take exception with one thing you wrote: "of course, if JW's are not your cup of tea, that's completely your bizness" That is complete and utter bullshit and you know it so stop fibbing. You don't believe what's taught (or what happens to be "light" at the time) and you'll be DFed so fast your head will spin. Once a JW always a JW, or an apostate. Isn't that the way it really goes? You should know as a former MS.

You'll probably be saddened by what I just wrote and maybe even a little angry, if you read this far that is, but please know this: I do now and always will have a warm spot for you in my heart. I've always enjoyed your company and have never wished anything but the best for you.
    Sincerely,
    Mike

I hate this f*****' religion.

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry, Sooner.

You did really well with your reply. Calm, sincere, but also not a pushover.

Tammy

• cofty
    cofty

That's sad. Well done for refusing to accept his guilt trip.

I hate that f****** religion too

Interesting to see his reaction to the "freak with the signs" as he put it. If this atheist can borrow a line from the good book "let your reasonableness become known to all" - not bad advice.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

((((((tec))))))) Thanks.

• yknot
    yknot

I am sorry

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Let's have Nilla wafers and cold milk Yknot.

• sooner7nc
  • sooner7nc
  • Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

good for you didn't fall for the guilt

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Now imagine he's your little (blood)brother. Had a similar conversation with my little brother a few months back. Haven't talked since. It's a bummer for sure. They are casualties of a cult. (That'd make a great name for a book: "Casualty of a Cult" ...but I digress.)

The only thing that brings me back to center is comparing them to someone who is out of their mind. They just don't know what they're talking about, and short of putting them in a straight jacket and deprogramming them, they're probably not going to come around anytime soon.

Keep your chin up brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit