Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes

by scotsman 37 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Will see in the coming years where his career will go, I don't expect its going to go far.

There is such a thing as a weak talent as apposed to a strong talent.

I think what the public saw on Sunday at the Golden Globe Awards was a weak one.

• cofty
    cofty
    He's no Robin Williams

Thank god for that! Let's agree to differ.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Maybe if he made farting noises every few seconds you Americans would love it

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

He is Very very Funny.

I thought the Opening was CLASSIC!!!!

This Country is SO politically correct it is sick at times......

Oh let's not offend ANYONE even with Jokes.....

Remember Sam Kinison..... Andrew Dice Clay.... when you could make fun of everything and everyone.

Not saying they never received .... YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!

It's comedy and edgy.... the best kind...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

To create laughter from other people's problems is just weak and unskilled.

If he really was well talented himself he wouldn't have to resort in doing so.

I think Gerivs's own self perceived ego overwhelmed himself.

You can best expect that he Will become the target of jokes and reticule by other people in show business now.

To create laughter from other people's problems is funny. Show me a joke without a butt and you've shown me something that isn't funny.

As for the clip, it was great. Was it politically correct? No. Neither was the comic genius Don Rickles or Rodney Dangerfield. Robin Williams isn't qualified to wash either of those guys' jock, by the way.

If show business people decide to mock Gervais because of the Golden Globes, I am sure it will be far less funny than his mocking of them. Revenge isn't funny; it's petty.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hold on!! I am a Ricky fan, and I think that all the clips of him above were damn funny. I started to mention Don Rickles myself. BUT! Robin Williams is also damn funny.

One of my own personal favorites at the moment, Graham Norton.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The executive producers of the show had to pull him aside and tell him to shut up during the show itself..

They scorned his performance afterward and he was told that he would never be asked again to do show.

Does that say something ?

RG reminds of guys who is capable of acting funny but is not naturally.

That is another trait of a true talent.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Yeah Don Rickles would never make it today!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfmHjUXUUTg

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Wouldn't I have egg on my face if RG's career took off to unseen heights.

Time will tell.

• Darth plaugeis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit