*Seriously* Considering A Billboard Ad?

by laverite 69 Replies latest jw friends

• dgp
    dgp

"A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God. Accept truth wherever you find it, no matter what it contradicts, and rely for ability to afterwards harmonize it with others upon "the spirit of truth, which shall guide you into all truth". Charles Taze Russell.

{WR Jan 1880 8-9}

When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning. They may even resent it. But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?

The Watchtower, January 15, 1974.

Beware of organization... it is wholly unnecessary. (Watchtower 9/15/1895)

Put your faith in a victorious organization! WT 3/1/ 1979, p. 1

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!

Watchtower 1994, February 15, page 24:

"We must also be on guard against extended association with worldly people. Perhaps it is a neighbor, a school friend, a workmate, or a business associate. We may reason, 'He respects the Witnesses, he leads a clean life, and we do talk about the truth occasionally.' Yet, the experience of others proves that in time we may even find ourselves preferring such worldly company to that of a spiritual brother or sister. What are some of the dangers of such a friendship?"

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

"How about opening a site called stopknocking.com where a repository of phone numbers and addresses to contact (local KHs and Bethels) can be provided depending on where you live?"

Now *that* I love. In fact, I'd be happy to help get something like that up and running. Something like that could easily go viral. We could even create a template form that people could print out, fill in their name and address, and then mail or fax in order to make it even easier for them. You'd basically just need to gather phone book entries. If JWN members each claimed a county or two, we could easily get that done. It could go viral on-line pretty easily.

I'd seriously offer to get this going, and perhaps even register and host it, if anyone else would want to help. Thoughts?

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

Palimpsest, THIS COULD BE HUGE!!!! I'd like to offer help on the site. I've sent u a pm.

To advertise this site, we can all make doorhangers and distribute it in our neighbourhoods. Or in local papers (cheap classified ads). Thoughts?

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

More ideas on the StopKnocking.com (or some other name if its taken) web site:

Follow up to what the "auto-generated letter" should say:

- Clearly indicate that they do NOT EVER wish to be contacted under any circumstance (not even once a year, as "do not call" lists are called upon by elders)

- Clearly indicate WHY: i.e. do not share beliefs on shunning, pedophile cases, false predictions (1914, 1975), constant changes in teachings, etc. (keep it short)

- Show the local kingdom hall addresses and phone numbers and the fax number for the closest bethel.

The user can either indicate where they wish to search, or the site can read their IP and determine automatically the closes halls and local branch to fax (or email) to.

I think this could have a TREMENDUOUS impact on the door-to-door work.

THe site needs to be simple and to the point. It won't be meant to convert or educate the public. THey already know they do NOT WISH TO BE CONTACTED.

Who's on board? We would need the efforts of many to contribute local kingdom hall info.

EDIT: Make putting a name optional. Anonymous submissions should be allowed and respected for privacy reasons. Just an address should suffice.

ANOTHER EDIT: Perhaps we can omit the kingdom hall info and just supply the local branch info... Let bethel worry about it. When they get "leads", they forward it to the local congregation anyway, so this should not be a difficult task... but it certainly will keep them busy! LOL

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

btt

• DT
    DT

I love the idea of a stop knocking type of website. Does anyone know if the local branches process and honor letters requesting to be put on the do not call list?

• wobble
    wobble

Good point DT, we do not want to be "punching the air", for a long time I have been publicising the Do Not Call list by word of mouth, but this idea is great, as legal action would be a danger if such notices were ignored.

ALLPower to StopKnocking.com ! (and to some good billboards.)

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

It worked for Mr. Camping (he got attention)....

• Scott77
    Scott77

Updates needed please. Its now two years. Hi laverite, Please, was this a failed project? Hope not.

Scott77

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think people should get together a donate funds to a website like jwfacts.com so with the funds, the site can achieve and maintain a very high ranking on the search engines like google. If every time some one does any type of research concerning JW's online the website is present it should help to kill the religion. jmo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit