picture of JW child baptism ... link to news paper

by Aussie Oz 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

I was ten years old when I got baptized...I tried to use this "argument" when they were d.f.ing me at the age of 16....honestly though, how else will they meet their projected numbers...we know the door to door stuff isn't working....

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

I was ten years old when I got baptized...I tried to use this "argument" when they were d.f.ing me at the age of 16....honestly though, how else will they meet their projected numbers...we know the door to door stuff isn't working....

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Sick, sick, sick. THese poor children.

• sd-7
    sd-7

This is hardly news. I got baptized at 12. And it is clear that people who didn't were considered as not very spiritual. Textbook WT says that nobody should pressure you into it. But the same textbook, if you will, says that once you're at the 'age of accountability', which is never quite spelled out, if you don't get baptized, you will be destroyed at Armageddon. The pressure is both spoken and unspoken.

Maybe someday they'll show Paul doing his 'baptism questions', perhaps with the Organized To Do Jehovah's Will scroll in his hands...wouldn't that be a lovely picture?

I certainly saw kids far younger than me getting baptized when I was about to do so. Or at least heard of them in subsequent conventions. Is there really a meaningful difference between baptizing an infant into a religion and baptizing a 6-year-old into a religion? Being able to fully grasp concepts like life and death, purpose, career plans, family plans, sex, marriage, education--these are all far beyond a 6-year-old's comprehension. Odds are this is far beyond a 12-year-old's comprehension in many cases.

But what can you say? Infinite staircase, anyone?

--sd-7

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Children who are deemed not old enough to smoke or have sex (for obvious reasons) yet they're allowed to make a life-changing decision.

Reminds me of the teenagers being sent off to die before they can have a beer for their troubles. They're sacrificed before they ever have a chance to have experienced all that's out there.

Obviously, I'm not seriously comparing the sacrifices made by the two. I just often think of that comparison in regards to child baptism, for some reason.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It breaks my heart to think that they have to walk the path from now on or be shunned.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Can you say "Perjury"? Notice what the WT itself has sworn under oath in Europe:

"As regards the alleged involvement of children, the [WatchTower Bible and tract Society] submits that children cannot become members of the association but only participate, together with their parents, in the religious activities of the community. In respect of the refusal of blood transfusion, the applicant association submits that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion and that, therefore, the fact that the religious doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses is against blood transfusion cannot amount to a threat to public health." {Sworn testimony submitted by the Society in evidence before the European Human Rights Commission Jul 3 1997}

-----------------

These guys are sick and disgusting liars. I was baptized at 12 (almost 13) too. And now if I make a decision against it at 30 years old, then I will lose my family. I can think of no better words than Titus 1:11:

GOD'S WORD® Translation(©1995)
    They must be silenced because they are ruining whole families by teaching what they shouldn't teach. This is the shameful way they make money.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thanks for posting that brother dan

lies lies LIES!

they have no shame

oz

• heathen
    heathen

That is disgusting . Just wait til they hit puberty and the hormones kick in they will be sitting in the back room explaining all kinds of kid details that no elder should have to listen to. They kept telling me I didn't need baptism to be saved , I've always known that to be a lie according to christian theology.

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

Yes this is just DISGUSTING. LIARS, LIARS, LIARS!!!! I was baptized at 11, my brother at 13, and my other brother at 12. SERIOUSLY? No pressure? all I ever heard was "when are you going to take the next step?" Yes, once you hit a certain age and you weren't baptized yet, people started to look at you like you were bad association because, as someone already said, you're viewed as not being spiritual minded. "When are you going to take the next step?" "You need to get more hours in service." Then after I got baptized it was, "why aren't you pioneering?" so i auxillary pioneered for a while- hating every moment of it. Then it was, "when are you going to regular pioneer so you can go to pioneer school?" Then I became regular pioneer and then right before going to pioneer school, I got DFd cuz I couldn't do it anymore. Oh god was I the BLACK sheep- no pun intended. The point - about them being DFd or Reprooved in a decade or less is SO SO true. It's what happened to me. 6 years after my baptism, i was DFd---that's 17 guys---can you imagine being in the back room w/three nasty brothers staring you down asking how many times you had sex and if you enjoyed it, if you used a condom, ect? Horrifying. this is a straight up lie that they don't baptize children and it turns my stomach. And what a load of crock saying no sanctions for accepting a blood transfusion. Literally, I almost threw up in my mouth, it's so disgusting to me- the lies. ughhhhhh! that's all i can say so i'll end it there.

moe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit