picture of JW child baptism ... link to news paper

by Aussie Oz 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I won't post the picture as it may breach some copyright or something

here is the link

http://www.caller.com/photos/galleries/2010/aug/21/jehovahs-witnesses-baptism/

Two children, one listed as 12, being baptised at a convention last year.

oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

How sad.

Children who are deemed not old enough to smoke or have sex (for obvious reasons) yet they're allowed to make a life-changing decision.

Why can't there be a law against this? Children shouldn't be subjected to this. They are too young to make this kind of a decision.

• inbetween
    inbetween

thats so typical, the theory was in last weeks watchtower, the reality in the pictures above, its infuriating, really....

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

so glad i'm out of my ex-wife's jw family. her brother, an elder in the midwest, had his kids baptized at 9 and 11 years old.

i was absolutely disgusted, but he was quite a self righteous terd. i feel sorry for those kids. i'm sure one will grow up to be an very righteous jw (with skeletons in the closet) and the other will drug up and/or slut up.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Yet they condemn the Catholic Church for its practice of infant baptism!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Shocking! This girl is too young to legally drink, drive, vote, marry, have sex or fight for her country. Most of those restrictions are because she is considered too young to make an informed decision. Does she realise that if she changes her mind any time from here on about her choice of religion, she will be put on trial by her congregation and shunned? "Jon Benet" parents are commonly criticised for forcing their children to live a life that mirrors their own; Witness parents who push pubescent children into making a lifelong commitment deserve similar condemnation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can only hope this embarrasses the witlesses as more people see the mainstream newspapers carrying images of children getting baptized, effectively signing contracts that require maturity. I would like to see a 6-year old getting baptized and the pictures of it being posted in mainstream magazines, newspapers, and TV shows and the religion being exposed in such sources as demanding that such people abide by the rules. Even if such rules change.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Does she realise that if she changes her mind any time from here on about her choice of religion, she will be put on trial by her congregation and shunned?

Just highlighted again for anyone who missed it. 12 year old child. Locked in. No idea what she's done. Really.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Jehovah`s Witness`s don`t Baptize Children"..

(Unless you catch them at it)..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

In a decade or less, they'll be disfellowshipped, or reproved with sullied reputations, all because of a decision made under peer pressure at the age of 12.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit