picture of JW child baptism ... link to news paper

by Aussie Oz 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

"It is necessary to shut the mouths of these, as these very men keep on subverting entire households by teaching things they ought not for the sake of dishonest gain"

What an entirely appropriate scripture to describe WTBTs.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Why hasn't the European Human Rights Commission been informed that the Borg lied to them in a sworn statement? Why were they allowed to get away with it? Why to this day does the EHRC side with the Borg more often than not, defending their "religious freedom?"

This is a HUGE WTF?!?

• Lore
    Lore

Pffft, those are old ladies. I was 9 when I was baptized.

Not sure what was holding those girls back.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I've thought the same, Mad Sweeny. I don't see how they could not have heard this "evidence" and not called the Watchtower on their lies. It's a pretty shocking and blatent outright lie...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Those children could not be held liable for any legal contract, financial debt or other promise....but they will be held liable for the rest of their lives for a statement of dedication and a baptism.

If they ever smoke a cigarette, or commit a sexual act unmarried - they may be cut off from their families forever. .....Do not J W parents ever think of that when they allow them to get baptized???

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

No, because they think Armageddon is just around the corner!!!

• Gayle
    Gayle

and if they want to go to college, God-forbid, such a wicked thing to do,,parents won't help/encourage them in any way,,

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Gayle, it's interesting. My wife was offered a full scholarship to NYU because of her work in theater. Her mom encouraged her to go, but she didn't go because of what the WT said about it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

brotherdan,,so sad for your wife,, sounds like she loved theatre,,if people don't get to fulfill their dream, it causes much anguish at some point later, even if they can't identify it.

With the photos in this thread of the little girls getting baptized, makes me see myself there, 53 yrs ago. (with sad tear). I just hope somehow they can grow and be able to choose their real life course while they are still on the young side.

• crazycate
    crazycate

One of the last straws for us was a brother in our hall who was pressuring, pressuring, pressuring our teenage children to get baptized. Even going behind our backs to talk to them about it. I tried the analogy that if they were too young to get married, and baptism is considered an even more important step to take, then they were too young for that. I tried pointing out that Jesus, our exemplar, didn't get baptized until he was 30. Nothing worked to stop this pressure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit