Facebook: Local Ruling By Elders in Nearby Congregation

by mentallyfree31 74 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope that congregation shrinks. Hopefully, they will start having boasting session attendances down 90%, field circus down 90%, and something like 3/4 of them disassociating themselves or committing "brazen conduct" by remaining on Facebook. Yes, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger does warn the witlesses about social networks. However, I have seen quite a few active witlesses on MySpace getting involved in discussions with apostates--and the witlesses never seem to give in to reason.

And, if your faith is so damn wimpy that a social network is sufficient to wreck it, something is seriously wrong with it. Their own Bible says that a solid faith cannot easily be damaged--for sure, not with something so wimpy as being exposed to a different faith.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Wow. I currently have three elders as facebook friends right now.

MeanMrMustard

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

So all the jws are going to get myspaces again?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Just heard from a friend that a nearby body of elders in their congregation have decided that anybody who is on facebook will not be able to have privleges in their congregation.

Great! That will give them more time to expand their personal networks.

W

• sabastious
    sabastious

Facebook the devil.

-Sab

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Oye vey- facebook is just yet another tool the borg uses to get people on the fringe- they use their "rules" and dismiss people at their own hidden agendas

when i was in the borg about 6 years ago a fellow witness told me my ex was on myspace and that I should look on his page and report to the elders anything I could use to "scripturally free" me from my ex-husband (I couldn't remarry in jdub land until I caught my ex cheating).

So his myspace said that he was a "parent"- I thought that since he and I never had kids that this would be the evidence I needed....what did the elders say to me?

Ah well sister CHG, we cannot speak with him directly to confirm what that you printed out, so this does not count as evidence that would free you at this time...thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will try to help you.

Nothing ever came from the myspace "evidence"- (I left the borg still with the same status as "not scripturally free" to remarry)

and now they are using facebook printouts to hang people (including those who post here on JWN)...it shows they just make it up as they go along and change it at will.....

cult

CHG

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

What irony.

Witnesses are encouraged to seek out strangers in bus stations, on planes, in grocery stores, doctors offices, and develop conversations with them. We are then encouraged to trade contact information so we can follow up on the conversation.

However, If you do this online with a "social network" you are unwise, and not very spiritual and probably will be destroyed at Armageddon.. Go figure.

Jehovah's Witnesses are part of the "Antisocial network"

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Stuckinamovement...........

well said.....

Even JW Gatherings are discuraged... No more KH Picnics or Baseball games....

They don't even want Members to Socialize.....or get involved in "clicks".....

Even with Members if they get chummy.... maybe they will start seeing the Flaws of everything WTS is all about.

Paranioa may destroy you....."The Kinks"

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Coffee House Girl, you are right that they just make it up as they go along. From the top down the Borg is reactionary and not progressive. The other thing your story shows is the extreme misogyny within the organization. If you were the husband and the Myspace evidence was against the wife, things almost certainly would have gone differently.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The JW religion simply hates, hates, HATES the internet and social networking sites because they cannot CONTROL or SEE what their members (or ex-members) are doing. It is all about control which they have lost.

It takes the 'sting' out of their disfellowshipping doctrine because now a DF'd person can talk to anybody he/she wants in the privacy of their own home. This pathetic religion thought it was going to legislate WHO the JWs can and cannot talk to. With the computer and social networking sites they CANNOT do this and are therefore defeated in their attempt to sit on everybody's shoulder and watch and direct every move they make.

So, the only thing they can do now is to make pathetic threats of 'loss of privileges' (as though anybody wants them).

I am ten years out of this religion and all I can say is 'good riddance'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit