Facebook: Local Ruling By Elders in Nearby Congregation

by mentallyfree31 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I've been out for awhile ....

but what I've been hearing with these new rules.....

Have the Elders Become these Guys???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXCfEhW0R3k

• blondie
    blondie

I was told that each congregation BOE has some leeway in making "rules" for the orderliness of the congregation. That is why one congregation forbad mustaches and the one who shared the same hall did not. The COs would not interfere. It's too easy to hide your Facebook participation if you really are committed.

• Gayle
    Gayle

How would they know who's on facebook? Unless they're on there themselves.

Yes, how would they know? Will elders outright be asking? Will they be going online to check? Or will they have Bethel "hackers" (as someone has claimed is being done) checking?

They will really push their youth away more and more.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

The more the Elders tighten they're grip......

The more, Witnesses will slip thru......

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Boy I wish they had done that at my hall and Facebook had been invented 10 years earlier.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I still have at least active witnesses on my facebook page (friends)

One just moved back with her JW mom to help her out..she herself is not a JW..but she is getting it hot and heavy from her mom..the girl is in her 40's and her JW Mom is telling her how to dress...

Her Mom also made her cocoa with milk after the daughter told her she was lactose intolerant..she got sick as a dog she said. Her JW mom said she just wanted to see for sure.. This is my looney JW gal friend (the Mom) that I left the religion because they disfellowshipped her back in the 70's. Seems she finally got reinstated..She has one daughter that is disfellowshipped that she refused to have anything to do with.The daughter just became my friend and I am slowly talking to her about the religion. She has two more that never got baptised and are not JW's so she still talks to them.

Another one is in Australia and we just became friends and keep our talk non religious. She did however comment on a link to the Out of the Cocoon link. She put a frowny face...not quite sure why yet.

Another is a gal I knew from a KH I attended for a while and her daughter was a close friend of my sister in laws..(all JW's)

There are two more that I am not friends with but see their posts. One was married to the brother of the gal in Australia, (He is no longer a JW and has been disowned by his JW family)

I guess no one told them facebook is a No No yet as they all have JW friends that post..

Snoozy

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Just heard from a friend

Sounds like the usual 'third party/taken out of context/hearsay' wrong info. I've never heard anything like it, and I'm a regular meeting attendant. Better find out for yourself.

All I've heard from the platform is for JWs in general to stop wasting precious time in these social networks and use such time for more constructive things.

DY

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

That is what our former Elders did back in 2004 for anyone on Myspace (was facebook around then ? ) If you had an account you could not aux pioneer or have other wonderful privledges ....you could still clean the hall and mow the lawn though . They ragged on any chat forums and social networks from the stage ,but only made the other ultimatium to people in personal discussions . Many of the teens and twenty somethings just learned to change their names online by using symbols or aka names .

I have noticed recently several local MS and Pioneers have deleted their facebook accounts it is a ego game around here they like to play to see who is more righteous ,but in a few months they will be back under assumed names.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Hey Doubtfully Yours ,I have just been wondering have YOU ever been counseled for being on this site ???

Because when I was actively attending it was abundantly clear we should never visit discussion forumns known to be active with apostate views . We were told not to even open a letter from an apostate in fear of reading and being stumbled by their 'half truths' . How is it you have such a different experience as a Witness than me ? I was a witness all my life ,44, yrs . and you always seem to disagree with others about HOW things really are in the congregation .

I am being serious . Are you in an American congregation ? Is it in a large city or small town ? Midwest or coastal ?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Metro area, Spanish congregation.

I come here less and less as time goes by. Recently I'm realizing that no matter what I expose here as being the real truth, disgruntled ex-JWs will see/hear things how they want and put their own twisted spin on it.

You all are absolutely right, as right is the Org; I shouldn't be here.

So long disgruntled ex-JW liars!!!

See you back at the KH when you scape Satan's grip!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit