Facebook: Local Ruling By Elders in Nearby Congregation

by mentallyfree31 74 Replies latest jw friends

• sherah
    sherah

Ah, the irony of an active JW claiming that Facebook has never been condemned the WT.

She'll be back, this site is too irresistable for DY to stay away from.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

OOPs .....DY I am sorry you took that as me saying you shouldn't be here . Not what I meant ,really . I just was trying to understand how your experience is so different than mine . We noticed the mid-west congregations (especially small ones ) were much more strict and into everyones personal business than large coastal cities .

I went back and read some of your early posts .You have been around here a very long time . Then you took a break and came back again . It has to be hard to be married to an active spouse and yet have dep down doubts about the religion . I assume you are trying to come to terms with your own cognitive dissonance ,and that's cool . We all are learning at different speeds and have different circumstances .

No kidding ...it must be very hard on your conscience to come here and post when you are still struggling with not wanting to believe the Society is wrong . I get it .

Didn't mean to step on your toes there . DO what you got to do .....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

maybe they are just trying to weed out the . . . ummmm uhhh . . . weeds

Probably will work too as well as rip many families apart

• Mary
    Mary

They'll change their minds quick enough when they're down to 2 elders and 1 MS.

Idiots.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

DYours:

All I've heard from the platform is for JWs in general to stop wasting precious time in these social networks and use such time for more constructive things.

LOL!!!!!!

• flipper
    flipper

This is all so typical. In every congregation I used to be in- each body of elders made up their OWN rules as to WHAT was the pressing need and what WAS NOT the pressing need. Certain elders will always go overboard and insist on being secret agent man for the WT society without direct authorization to snoop on the private doings of rank and file JW's. Just like they go and park outside someone's house to see if they are having sex with someone else- the invasion of privacy in prying into a JW members Facebook or Myspace account is tantamount to stalking actually. Same thing.

Bottom line is the elders just want to dig dirt up on people and if they don't like you, or you are on their radar , or a JW family member or alleged " friend " is pushing them to go after you- they will. The WT society and JW organization has no conscience whatsoever

• chickpea
    chickpea

pharisees and their nit-picking laws

every time i read a thread about the b0rg
    trying to depopulate FB i do a quick check
    of a few JWs and their "friends"....

FB is crawling with JWs and SO EFFING WHAT?

many of them live away from "home" and
    post pics of their conventions and new babies

who.really.cares.

oh, i fogot.... the cult

• HayDay
    HayDay

They are their own worst enemy, it is their undoing!

A crazy elder in my hall about 3 years ago found everyone on MySpace and sarcastically mentioned it (like MySpace was a dirty word...) to the 'guilty' parties. Anyways they are desperate for young men to 'take the lead', yet they make sure to tighten the grip so as much to alienate anyone who is normal or had a resemblance of an online social life. Those rules are their orgnaizational undoing. Any corporation that wants to survive in the business world must adapt to its customer base. The WT customer base is changing, the leadership is not. This is the end of the line.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Sherah - heehee! Thanks for having my back there.

Your buddy,

Steve

:-)

• JeffT
    JeffT

"Oh, I'm sorry Brother Busybody. Here why don't you take this microphone boom and stick it some where?"

I agree with the comments above, the kids are already leaving in droves. This will push a few more out the door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit