When the Reptillian Anti-Christ is unmasked, what is your firearm of choice to kill our invaders?

by WingCommander 60 Replies latest jw friends

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

I'm only worrying about zombies as I'm sure that is how it will end, rather than UFOs/reptiles etc.

Guns are hard to get in the UK so I would take what I can find, but ideally I would like:

- http://www.arscives.com/bladesign/images/2.%20full-sword-set-2.jpg Samurai sword to carry on my back (in case ammo runs out)

- Baseball bat (less blood)

- Pump action shotgun, probably sawn-off double barrelled

- Sniper rifle

- Couple of magnum pistols.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Wing,

You mention a Diamondback .380. I used to own a Colt Diamondback .38, the non-magnum version of the Colt Python. Both revolvers. Your description sounds like a pistol. I guess it is just the same model name.

The only weapon I now own is a Mossberg 12 ga. with Pacmyr pistol grip and pump grip. Loads 8 shells.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Nothing but my bare hands.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Get a real caliber. 7.62X39 is a wounding round. 7.62X51 will stop a man size reptile.

Baloney. 7.62x39 is a killer at intermediate and short ranges. If you don't agree, you are free to go down range and act like a target.

It it best with a barrel twist of 7 to 1.

The optimum barrel twist will depend on what weight bullet you choose, even with NATO 5.56.

BTS

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ Gregor: NO, my pistol is NOT a Colt Diamondback .38. It is not even a revolver, it is a semi-automatic pistol based upon the GLOCK design.

Some guys broke off from Kel-Tec down in Florida, and went over to Diamondback (yes, the boat manufacturer) and started up their own line of pistols. You can find their website online. www.diamondbackfirearms.com

Here is a photo of a Diamondback .380:

Regards,

- Wing Commander

• donuthole
    donuthole

red dust

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

A better explanation of what I was trying to say earlier. .223 and 5.56 are not identical.

The 5.56 mm NATO and .223 Remington cartridges and chamberings are similar but not identical. Military cases are generally made from thicker brass than commercial cases; this reduces the powder capacity (an important consideration for handloaders [12] ), and the NATO specification allows a higher chamber pressure. NATO EPVAT test barrels made for 5.56 mm NATO measure chamber pressure at the case mouth, as opposed to the location used by the United States civil standards organization SAAMI. The piezoelectric sensors or transducers NATO and SAAMI use to conduct the actual pressure measurements also differ. This difference in measurement method accounts for upwards of 137.9 MPa (20,000 psi) difference in pressure measurements. This means the NATO EPVAT maximum service pressure of 430 MPa (62,366 psi) for 5.56 mm NATO, is reduced by SAAMI to 379.21 MPa (55,000 psi) for .223 Remington. [13] In contrast to SAAMI, the other main civil standards organization C.I.P. defines the maximum service and proof test pressures of the .223 Remington cartridge equal to the 5.56 mm NATO.

The 5.56 mm NATO chambering, known as a NATO or mil-spec chamber, has a longer leade, which is the distance between the mouth of the cartridge and the point at which the rifling engages the bullet. The .223 Remington chambering, known as SAAMI chamber, is allowed to have a shorter leade, and is only required to be proof tested to the lower SAAMI chamber pressure. To address these issues, various proprietary chambers exist, such as the Wylde chamber (Rock River Arms) [14] or the ArmaLite chamber, which are designed to handle both 5.56 mm NATO and .223 Remington equally well. The dimensions and leade of the .223 Remington minimum C.I.P. chamber also differ from the 5.56 mm NATO chamber specification.

Using commercial .223 Remington cartridges in a 5.56 mm NATO chambered rifle should work reliably, but generally will not be as accurate as when fired from a .223 Remington chambered gun due to the longer leade. [15] Using 5.56 mm NATO mil-spec cartridges (such as the M855) in a .223 Remington chambered rifle can lead to excessive wear and stress on the rifle and even be unsafe, and SAAMI recommends against the practice. [16] [17] Some commercial rifles marked as ".223 Remington" are in fact suited for 5.56 mm NATO, such as many commercial AR-15 variants and the Ruger Mini-14 (marked ".223 cal"), but the manufacturer should always be consulted to verify that this is acceptable before attempting it, and signs of excessive pressure (such as flattening or gas staining of the primers) should be looked for in the initial testing with 5.56 mm NATO ammunition. [18]

It should also be noted that the upper receiver (to which the barrel with its chamber are attached) and the lower receiver are entirely separate parts in AR-15 style rifles. If the lower receiver has either .223 or 5.56 stamped on it, it does not guarantee the upper assembly is rated for the same caliber, because the upper and the lower receiver in same rifle can, and frequently do, come from different manufacturers - particularly with rifles sold to civilians or second-hand rifles.

In more practical terms, as of 2010 most AR-15 parts suppliers engineer their complete upper assemblies (not to be confused with stripped uppers where the barrel is not included) to support both calibers in order to protect their customers from injuries and to protect their businesses from litigation following the said injuries.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't own any firearms. I don't have any reason to... yet. I do have a can of bug spray though and if worse comes to worse, I can make a homemade flamethrower out of hairspray and a lighter. I have done it before....

• villabolo
    villabolo

BTS: Baloney. 7.62x39 is a killer at intermediate and short ranges.

First Burns, you made the mistake of confusing "killing power" with "stopping power". You should know the difference. For those who don't, getting "killed" is not the point of combat since a person can get killed by half a dozen .22s but be able to keep up his attack upon you under an adrenaline surge. So what if he dies half an hour later? Stopping power means knocking the fight out of a person with a single hit to the upper torso.

Also, at a hundred yards many AK47s have 4" (MOA) worth of accuracy. An HK91 has 1.5", I've had them with 1" without any work done on them.

Although the 7.62x39 has much better penetration than a .223 the 7.62x51 has penetration and stopping power combined; going through a car door for example.

Villabolo

• villabolo
    villabolo

MrFreeze:

"I don't own any firearms. I don't have any reason to... yet. I do have a can of bug spray though and if worse comes to worse, I can make a homemade flamethrower out of hairspray and a lighter. I have done it before...."

I doubt very much that you have done it under serious self defense situations. It can easily get knocked or kicked out of your hands by an aggressive attacker. I've experimented with such improvised weapons before, using a can of Lysol. It makes a pretty flame but it hardly reaches out a foot or so.

Get serious MrFreeze. At least pepper spray has a useful range.

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit