In your hall, how many converted to a JW from door to door in the last 10 years?

by just n from bethel 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

When I was in prison from 1967 to1969 I was on what was called the Construction crew.

Every morning we'd be loaded up in the back of a pickup truck and driven far out on the compound where there were old stone walls.

Our job was to break up those walls into tiny bits.

The bits were salvaged and put in bags to mix with concrete so that new wall could be built.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are in the Construction business.

They grind up people and make them into Jehovah's Witnesses. Being a JW grinds them down into DF'd and Apostates and faders.

Raw materials get recycled. In the front door and out the back door.

Busy busy busy.

You stay and knock down walls or you fade or you get DF'd or you die.

Nice job.

• antes8080
    antes8080

in my cong there has been 15 newones in one year are cong has split three times and ten years but am in the spanish side way different

• jay88
    jay88

I find that more people who speak English as a first language, are going to the Spanish Cong. for relief. I also, think that those who speak Spanish as their first language are more family-oriented and are less likely to ostracise their family members.

• aniron
    aniron

Never mind the last 10 years , in the 30 years I was a JW , I could probably count on one hand the number who became JWs,
    in my congregation, after being called on in the field ministry.

All I ever saw where the children, husbands, wives, relatives of JWs being baptised.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I see the comments about even long-time pioneers not being able to get any studies. I've known several who were pounding the pavement month in and month with nothing more to show for it than a "magazine route". Of course, magazine routes are just a roundabout way of saying "Will you people throw these Watchtowers away for me?" Before the elders started attacking, demonizing, and excluding me, I started tons of studies. The pioneers would talk about me behind my back because how dare I get studies and who did I think I was... I tried to tell them to show people what the Bible said about things instead of preaching the Watchtower. Of course, that just got me into trouble, because obviously field service is more about appearances, hours, and showing other people in the car how much we worship the Society than results. I take my ministry seriously and preach the Bible. I don't care what the Watchtower says and I doubt the people we meet do, either.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was just thinking my husband was in the full time service for almost 18 years, six of them were at Bethel but that still leaves 12 years going D2D. He had just one person come in through the D2D work in those 12 years. She has since left the religion. He had one other person come in who was a family member of a JW. The man is strange to say the least. When ever we run into this guy he just gushes how my husband saved his life by giving him the "truth" I just want to throw up. He will follow us around and just keep saying to my husband thank you, thank you for giving me the chance to live forever. I truly feel something is very wrong with him.

So for 18 years of not really working making any money for his retirement my husband has brought two people in and one of those left.

How can anyone be proud of that? All I can think of is all the wasted years we could have enjoyed each other and our marriage instead of stressing how we were going to put gas in the car to drive around aimlessly hoping someone would want the religion. All the stress we had about were the money was going to come from to pioneer. Well I stressed out my husband just felt somehow Jehovah would provide as long as he was about pounding on doors. Jehovah never provided, or maybe He did with the fact he gave my husband a wife who worked.

LITS

• dgp
    dgp

I can offer perhaps the view from the other side of the door. In all of my life, I have never met anyone who converted because a Jehovah's witness knocked on their door. I lived in the same street for more than twenty years, and in all that time not one person converted. We had Jehovah's witnesses knocking on our doors very regularly, and I lived in a street with many people. By the time I left, I was among the people who had lived there the longest.

I think this is not the subject of this thread, but, according to James Penton, door to door service is a way to control active witnesses. So perhaps the organization is not worried about its being effective in bringing people in, as much as they are interested in keeping others in.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I'm from Romania. The JWs have 0 increase in Western countries, but go well in Eastern Europe, where the population is under-educated and poor. From those newly converted, I was the only one who had a university degree and a good financial situation. I have sporadically received literature before accepting a study.

When I left the JWs, the congregation had 45 members and only 2 people had university degrees: a born-in and me.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Quite a lot OT but when I've visited Romania I always admired the way how telephony and datalines were drawn in the air. There were massive interjunctions in road crossings where thousands of wires met and were rerouted to next interjunction. I just can't forget that view.

Thinking totally irrelevant things at this moment

CP

• nugget
    nugget

I really had to think 2 that came in through d2d the husband died of hospital contracted illness and wife left the org shortly after. Wife of elder who had been violently opposed came in late in life due to her anger at church policy. 2 more who were studies of a really nice sister. My study is still attending although I had to pass her to someone else when I couldn't continue the study myself, I think she goes for company. These are the recent people. On the reverse the number who have left or faded far exceeds the number coming in.

I was told how well the congregation was growing but most were move ins from other congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit