In your hall, how many converted to a JW from door to door in the last 10 years?

by just n from bethel 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I remember a brother telling us he looked around one Sunday at the 100 people there, and realized that 60 of them were jws visiting from other congregations, only 40 had cards at that congregation. They had increase but it was only move-ins and children of jws. In another local KH the COBOE said that of the 15 people baptized in the last 5 years, only 1 was not the child of a jw and that person had been df'd the year before.

If there is any increase it is in foreign language congregations. The CO said to the elders that if not for that increase in the US, that the increase in the English congregations was 0% or less.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Wow DagothUr - Are you in the US or Canada? 10 to 15 is pretty impressive. Haven't seen those kinds of numbers since the 80s. Did you have any connection to JWs prior to the knock on your door?

• life is to short
    life is to short

In my hall it would be zero. There are also 9 reg pioneers and at least 3 reg aux pioneers. There is one couple an elder and his wife are trying to get in the religion. The elder was getting his hair cut and he informal witnessed to the lady cutting his hair, he than ran into her in the dtd work and either she is really stupid or something but both her and her husband are going to the meetings. They have a little girl who is about two years old. The child hates and I mean hates the meetings. I do not go anymore but the last time late last spring she was about 14 months old and she was laughing out in the parking lot as soon as her mother carried her into the KH she started to scream. The meeting started and she cried and screamed during the whole meeting.

I have never seen anything like it. This kid acts terrified of the hall, I truly wonder if something is going on with her. She seems like a good baby but once in the hall she will not stop crying. I wish for the child's sake they would stop.

LITS

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

So that's at least seven congregations with ZERO D2D converts

four with just 1

two with 3

one with 2

and another with 15* - would still like to confirm with Dagoth if that's an English/Western country congo.

How many hours were logged in those congregations in the ten plus years???

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember seeing a witless stopping where I work to shop, and he had his study that had just become an unbaptized publisher. The witless was very excited about this, indicating that such are extremely rare. Nothing like the period in the 1980s, when it almost became a fad to become a witless from door to door--and, many of those are now apostate.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I have already listed 1 d2d convert, the rest are children raised as Witnesses ... congregation has 9 regular pioneers and a few ongoing auxiliary, congregation is known for its zeal towards the ministry (I thought love was supposed to be the identifier, in fact many have voiced their dismay to the seeming lack of love) ... on the one hand, increase is attributed to God's Spirit, on the other hand, apathy and no increase is attributed to what it was like for Jeremiah and "few are the ones finding it" ... either way, its God's Organization .... right?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Zero D2D...any growth was from move-ins, child baptism, etc...of course that was as of 1995 when I left.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Thinking about my congregation now, and I really can't think of anyone in the last 10 years. We've got a couple prospects, who are of Middle Eastern descent, but who knows how that will pan out. Every now and then people with mental problems show up. It's really sad when you think about it.

You know, I can't tell you how many times I've been in field service and a person turned me away, and I thought to myself, "what am I doing out here? This is the stupidest formality!" It really is a waste of time. This auxilliary pioneer thing for April, just proves to me they're grasping at straws. How logical is it for someone to do 30 hours in the ministry, and they have the same exact results as if they put in 4.5 hours? It's stupid, its retarded, and backwards.

Its really discouraging when you wake up in the morning, realizing that you're about to wake up or disturb people with something that they really don't care about or don't want to be bothered with. I can't tell you the last time I actually looked forward to field service. The best part about field service is when someone yells at you and gets beligerent with you. It provides some entertainment to an otherwise boring and waste of a morning and early afternoon.

I look at the pioneers in our congregation, and its pitiful watching them average seventy hours in a month(if they're truthful anways) and they're accomplishing absolutely nothing. I had the privilege(if you want to call it that) of handling the annual pioneer meeting with another elder a few years ago. This is before I even started lurking here. Even then I thought to myself, this outline and letter is so full of utter nonsense, that I felt awkward delivering it.

This religion, i don't know where its headed, but its not really encouraging any more. I don't know whats worse, dying at Armageddon, or spending the majority of your life serving this religion.

• gutted
    gutted

Hmm the last 10 years in my congregation there were at least 2, and I believe only 2. Wow... all those thousands of hours wasted. They could all be doing something more productive, like watching TV.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

2 more with zero

one more with 2

This is for all those who spent countless hours in the D2D work, here's what we were really doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oudNoKfNUfs&feature=related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit