Can you recommend some movies/videos?

by OnTheWayOut 43 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I didn't really like the Invention of Lying. I mean, it was cute and funny... but as for a deep lesson, I thought it was kind of silly think it might have hit upon a truth there. (though perhaps OTWO will like to see it for sure now )

Tammy

• beksbks
    beksbks

The Devil's Playground and Jesus Camp. Personally I think Jesus Camp is pretty spot on the American Evangelical movement.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Try this older movie called A Perfect World from1993 starring Kevin Costner & Clint Eastwood, interesting story of the kidnapping of a JW boy.

The film is set in Texas in the fall of 1963. Robert "Butch" Haynes (Kevin Costner) and Terry Pugh (Keith Szarabajka) are convicts who have just escaped from the state penitentiary in Huntsville. Fleeing from the clutches of the law, the pair stumble into the kitchen of a house where eight-year old Phillip Perry (T. J. Lowther) lives with his devout Jehovah's Witness mother and two sisters. Needing a hostage to aid their escape, Butch grabs the boy, who meekly accompanies them. The trio's journey starts off on an unpleasant note as Butch is forced to shoot his fellow escapee with a stolen revolver, following the latter's attempts at molesting the child. With his partner out of the way, the convict and his young victim take to the Texas highway in a bid to flee from the pursuing police. From Wikipedia

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

and now something really juicy The Forth Kind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit