New Board members within the last 1 year.....

by stuckinamovement 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I came on here this time last year....I found the board via another one and was so impressed at what I read and how relieved I felt to know there were others like me in the world...one of my better decisions...lol

Loz x

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

I have hung around reading here for years and never saw the need to post. recently though I felt the need to become part of the board. I don't know how long I will continue to post but until then I will speak up when I feel I have something worth saying. By they way I like everyone here It you give me a chance to see that I was not crazy after all.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I joined very soon after I found this place.

It was a thrilling prospect to be truly among my own kind. Isn't that funny? We all share the unseen stamp "No Longer Satisfied with the Watchtower" which does unify us in a less tangible sense.

-Sab

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I lurked for about 3-4 months before signing up. As mentioned before, there were so many similar expressions of experiences that resonated with me, I had to join in and at least vent/express my story and add to what was being posted.

What made me take the leap and join and start posting was things that were and still are, technically speaking, going on. The hypocrisy is just incredible within the WTS.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I joined so I could read everything, and lurked for a while before I started posting.

I don't remember how exactly, but I found the Silent Lambs website and that broke my heart. It also got me researching everything I once believed.

i'm stuck in said: you give me a chance to see that I was not crazy after all.

This exactly! And I've come to realize I'm not a sinful wrong-doer that's cut off from God. Nope, I was born into a cult with ridiculous, man-made rules that most people have trouble living up to.

Edited: What got me from lurking to posting? I just wanted to join in. If my reading other people's posts helped me, I wanted to be part of helping others too. I was scared at first of being outed with that label, because I know how my family would react. But I got over it.

• paladin
    paladin

I joined 7 months ago as "Borgdrone" but changed to my new avatar "paladin" which I prefer better. I found this web sight by searching Google regarding failed predictions like the 1975 and 1914 Generation issues, but soon learned a lot more about the WTBT$ than what I was told or read about. Thank God for the internet.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

I was a long time lurker before I got up the nerve to register last year. I read postings for three and a half years before I registered, then waited 5 more months before my first post in Nov. Between reading the posts here and following the references I came to realize that not only was I not alone but that I had been under severe mind control. Back when I was studying with the Witnesses they were pushing a 6 month study program in the "Truth" book and then expected the student to get baptised. Well I drug it out for 6 years before taking the plunge. No, I was not a slow student as I studied several more books first. They say hind sight is 20/20. This site has really sharpened my vision. I find this site to be friendly and encouraging. The things I learned here have really reopened my mind.

• wobble
    wobble

Hey SIAM,

it is not time to count up our numbers yet, don't you know that the Service Year on JWN runs from Oct 31st ? (or any other pagan date you wish to pick)

I do think that when we do the Full Yearly Report, our percentage increase will far outstrip even the made up figures of the Washtowel Babble and Crap Society.

Welcome to all Newbies !!!!

• jam
    jam

I have notice the numbers of new ones comonig on board,

so I made A count of those new ones in the last 3 yrs.

This figure is for those who names start with A,s only, the number

is 274 in the last three years. Remerber this is just the A,s......

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

@ wobble good point. JWN's service year hasn't ended yet. LOL

@jam great work. I notice that many that are recently posting are appointed men. Do you think some of this is attributed to the KM school recently? It seems as if all of the Elders and servants who have commented on the school all got the same impression.

I share many of your feelings that it is nice to know that you are not alone in thinking that there is something wrong with the teachings and practices of the organization. I think that there is a great crowd (pardon the pun) of us that are all coming to the realization at the same time. If you are lurking please join. This is the only place that you can question your beliefs without being marked or disfellowshipped. It is a clear sign to me that there is something seriously wrong with an organization when people have to remain anonymous to question their leaders and beliefs.

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit