One of my nephews passed away this evening

by mimimimi 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

So very sorry, (((((((Mimi))))))).

Syl

• Gayle
    Gayle

Much sympathy to you and family. Such a heartbreak.

• Dagney
    Dagney

So very young. So very sorry for your loss.

• mamalove
    mamalove

You and your family are in my thoughts. ((HUGS))

• zoiks
    zoiks

I'm so sorry. Please accept my condolences for this terrible loss.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

mimi...

I was shocked when you called me last night and told me what happened to your nephew. I am truly very sorry to hear this happened.

Of course, I was an elder in his KH when he was younger. Sad to say, I "encouraged™" him toward baptism because of a conversation I had with him one summer at the DC. Shortly afterward, his mom (your sister) and grandma (your mom) came to me at the KH and told me how happy they were because of R making his decision to get baptized as a result of the DC and my "kind conversation" with him. In reality, he and his family were always on the C list (not even the A or B social lists) at the KH. That family was always marginalized and it made me sick as an elder to see it. His mom and grandma are still marginalized by the new regime of elders at that congo.

Additional thread about this topic: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/204547/1/J-dub-elders-throwing-a-wrench-in-funeral-services-for-my-nephew

Though of course suicide is horrible both for the victim and the family, I hope he now has the peace that he was never allowed in his family and at the congo and that I believe he so desperately sought. We will never truly know what was going through his mind in the moment he made the fatal decision. I hope this wakes up his mom and grandma.

R was a fine young man and I was honored to have known him.

Snakes (Rich )

• Scott77
    Scott77

@mimimimi ; Sorry for the loss. That was unfortunate tregedy and painful as such. I hope he finds eternal peace.

@SnakesInTheTower , Thanks for sharing. But.. I am shocked to learn about A, B and C classifications. Is that a WTS secret arrangment for grouping certain JWs? Just curious.

Scott77

• donuthole
    donuthole

Thanks for sharing. But.. I am shocked to learn about A, B and C classifications. Is that a WTS secret arrangment for grouping certain JWs? Just curious.

Officially, no. But there is a caste system of sorts which is not actively acknowledged. The tier A would be the elders, pioneers, the "in-crowd", the folks that are held in high regard, the kinds of people you're going to see standing on the stage at an assembly, and the kids of people that are going to be at every social gathering. Tier B is kind of the middle of the road. They aren't necessarily looked down upon - they are just there - sitting in chairs and turning in field service hours. Tier C is at the bottom, the outcasts, the ones that don't fit in, the widows and orphans, single moms, inactive ones, the awkward, the ill-dressed - the kind of people Jesus would be hanging out with - but the kind of people that are neglected by the rest of the congreagtion.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Mimi, I am so sorry to hear that

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Snakes and donuthole, is that for real? That's just sick if it is!

As far as suicide goes, as a youngster I could never ever fathom why anyone would want to take their life/die. As I experienced life and got "More mature" I can now understand why. Many just feel there is no hope for the future or they are suffering too much to go on. We don't always know the real reason all the time but for them it is the only way out it seems...

It's sad that in this day and age people aren't being helped as they should/could be..

My heart goes out to you.

I wish he could have found a better way to cope.

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit