One of my nephews passed away this evening

by mimimimi 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How sad for him and all of you who love him.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    the kind of people Jesus would be hanging out with - but the kind of people that are neglected by the rest of the congregation

You got that right!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Snoozy:

Snakes and donuthole, is that for real? That's just sick if it is!

absolutely. DH nailed the explanation. And it is sick.

DH and I were eyewitnesses of this informal/unspoken code in that particular congo. We were both in the same congo as mimi's nephew before DH was DF and I was deleted as an elder and left. I don't think I am revealing anything that DH and I have not already revealed online here and elsewhere.

At first, I was afraid that by bringing up the "A B C" thing, that I was derailing the thread. In reality, it likely, at least in part, goes to the heart of why mimi's nephew was depressed. He never really fit into the congo. He was quiet and often walked around the KH with his head held down. He did not look people in the eye often, at least in my interactions with him. However, I worked in FS with him and his brother and mother and grandmother regularly. I enjoyed his company and found him to be highly intelligent and a decent kid -- young man I should say. It was very difficult to get him to open up and talk. In my opinion, I think he got baptized to try to win the approval of his mother and the elders (including myself) and those around him. That is myopinion based on my observations. Maybe I am wrong. It has been 4 years since I seen him.

Such a sad ending to a life that -- with proper nurturing and not JW "Encouragementâ„¢" -- who knows what great things this young man could have accomplished.

Snakes (Rich )

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Sorry for your loss. It's just difficult to comprehend that it gets to a point where someone has to take their own life. My thoughts go out to you and your family in this time of great loss.

• huz808her
    huz808her

My condolences Mimimi.

I know what it's like to be depressed & feel that no one is your friend.

A person can be in a room full of people & still be very,very lonely.

I had a Facebook account for about a month, most of my friends were relatives.

I deleted it a couple days ago. How many people emailed why?

ONE! That was my natural brother.

I told him "You can't fix stupid".

However, he only emailed me 2x & that was the end of that.

We weren't close anyway.

Often I think of suicide & the methods.

The elder that befriended your nephew is right. There are cliques in the congo's.

That's because we're imperfect, not a good excuse, that's the way we are.

I've been out of the org. since 1981. I saw it back then.

Whether we're in the org. or not, Jehovah has a VERY LARGE SHOULDER, a VERY DEEP HEART, and a VERY FLEXIBLE EAR to bend to listen to our prayers.

Some people feel that Jehovah disapproves of suicide. NO ONE. I repeat. NO ONE BUT JEHOVAH KNOWS THE HEART. HIS MERCY IS WAY BEYOND

OUR UNDERSTANDING. HE REALLY LOVES ALL HIS HUMAN CREATION. HE'S MORE LOVING THAN WE CAN EVEN IMAGINE. FOR TRUE COMFORT

CRY OUT TO HIM. (SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITALS, WANT TO MAKE MY POINT, NOT YELLING @ YOU.)

With love, huz808her

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Thank you all for the kind words of comfort I have had on here. Huz808her, I appreciate very much what you said. It looks like this was your first post on here. Please post more and let us get to know you. You can find many friends and caring on this site. You have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit