Private Discussion

by besty 47 Replies latest forum suggestions

• undercover
    undercover

I like the initial idea, but the more I think about it, I wonder how you'll be able to determine who is, or isn't, worthy (for lack of a better word) of being 'invited' to such a sub-forum?

I'll use myself as an example. I'm a long time member here, have thousands of posts. Despite that my posts start from confusion and disiilusionment of being a JW to the now, of being an oppenent of anything WT related, who really knows me? Who will vouch for me, my character or identity? I've been successful in my fade for one main reason...I am very protective of my real identity. I have managed 8 years here and only a handful, if that many, know my real identity.

About the only ones you could admit would be people who have been DFd/DAd and have already come out in the open. And that pretty much defeats the purpose of having it private... they're already out and in the open.

The criteria needed to ensure factualness of a member could exclude a lot of the traditional posters, posters who haven't shared personal info online as a protection.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I have seen many people post their family pictures on here. NOT a good idea if you do not wish to be rumbled!!!

George

• simon17
    simon17

I would think you could make a sub-group that you could only get into by agreeing to a waver like was mentioned by simon, but make it more objectionable like "by agreeing to become part of xxx group, you acknowledge that the FDS are not, or never have been, directed by God. blah blah blah..." I think at some point, agreeing to be part of that group would get you in just as much trouble as anything they could find in there. It would be like a JW signing the release form from the concentration camp... you couldn't just sign that and say "oh spiritual warfare, I could save more people while out of prison and not being executed"...

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

While I doubt there would be any way to set a group up that actually kept mal-intentioned witnesses out, it would be funny for Simon to add the "No active WT employee, agent, etc. clause because it would cost the WTS thousands on legal fees to determine what sort of liability it would cause and what measures would they need to put in place to cover their legal butts to keep snooping.

• cantleave
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The WTS is already distancing themselves from the elders leavin g them to hang out to dry if anyone brings a lawsuit against the WTS for the policies the WTS tells the elders to enforce. There is no way they would let the rank and file "represent" them and leave the WTS holding the bag.

Meanwhile the average R&F Witness will not let any little rules stop them form doing whatever they can include lie (theocratic War Strategy in action: to get into a part of the site to try to find out what is going on in there.

There is no way to make it 100% secure. And if you get outted despite any conditions Simon puts on the section why should he be held responsible for Witnesses actually getting in there.

Plus it creates a two class board. Then the Witnesses will want their priivate section.

Oh the headaches

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I think a truly 'private' section on a public forum is unworkable. Don't put anything on the internet that you don't mind the whole world knowing - even nosy JWs. Real personal stuff should be limited to PMs or emails and even then you should be careful how much you reveal. My 2ยข.

• Terry
    Terry

On the other hand--why write something you truly believe and put it "out there" if you aren't going to stand good for it no matter what?

The best way to deal with some Judicial Committee is to demand an accounting from them of their proof in no uncertain terms!

WHERE DID YOU SAY YOU OBTAINED THIS?

WHAT WERE YOU DOING THERE YOURSELF?

Sooner or later we must face who we are and what we think when challenged by others who would deny us that right.

If you are force to make a stand, then, taking that stand becomes a question of owning it.

I can't speak for others or their personal situations. I have no right to. But, I do know I never should have agreed to attend that Judicial Committee meeting which ousted me in the first place.

You can be polite and say, "No thank you--that's none of your business what I do and say and I won't be attending your meeting---goodbye (click)."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit