Private Discussion

by besty 47 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

what about a vow?! to sign in you need to admit the flaws of the JW's that way if they do print you can show them the vow and I'm sure that info will be dextroyed because they don't want to get in trouble?

• nugget
    nugget

I don't want people to become too fearful of the board because of what has happened to us. Although it would be nice to have chatgroups where friends could be invited it is not an altogether practical solution. After all someone prepared to go to the lengths they have with us will not think twice of being two faced here to gain trust.

Jws are a driven people and if they want to get to you they will. At the end of the day we were ready to make a stand so Cantleave was less careful this happened at the right time for us.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

An idea - how about posters who have attained one thousand (?) posts only being allowed access to Private Discussion Forum..? By posts, I mean that spam and one word posts (just to bump their post count) would be removed/discounted. It would take real commitment just to 'spy', and after one thousand 'real' posts, the poster would either be 'involved' to quite a degree...or just have given up. Hope that makes sense.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wasn't there a "by invitation only" section on this forum at one time? It was called "secret strategy" or something. What was that about? Where did it go?

I like the idea of a section that requires a poster to have made a certain number of posts. It would not necessarily deter a determined pro-Watchtower spy, but it certainly would be an unpalatable hurdle to climb. And who knows they may even change their mind about their pro-Watchtowerness along the way despite themselves.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

well I'm only at 533 but I think it is more important that any invites have stated negative things about the JW's. Proof of there reasons for being here

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

When I first came here I was totally paranoid that somehow I could be outed. Everyone assured me that I didn't have to worry so long as I didn't post enough personal information that a member of my congregation could identify me. I don't think the problem is access to the discussions, it appears to me to be that information was obtained through Facebook.

Was the information and reassurance I got about not being too worried to post accurate or not? Recently we have had a couple of new posters who are elders join in the conversations. Are these people and others just getting the courage to post really people who we want to keep out or are we all getting a little paranoid?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I had something similar happen to me because I was stupid enough to use my yahoo email as my moniker. Someone googled it and saw all the postings I made when I was chatting on another "apostate" site. Fortunately for me, the person that chased me down along with all my internet "friends" who are JW's, did not know me on a local level. I knew they did a little "fact finding" to try and out me. I retaliated by bringing up all the little naughtiness that each person had confided in me along the way while I was in the chatroom for everyone to see. Once I did that they merely blocked me.

A facebook account could reveal other email addy's or pages u look into. I know the paranoia can run wild but having Simon lock this one site down is not going to do anything for anyone that is active on the internet. Although a chat feature might be nice

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

Yea, I think the answer is to just keep your identifying info private. There's not much else you really can do to protect people here, short of locking down the whole damn site.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    I like the idea of a section that requires a poster to have made a certain number of posts. It would not necessarily deter a determined pro-Watchtower spy, but it certainly would be an unpalatable hurdle to climb. And who knows they may even change their mind about their pro-Watchtowerness along the way despite themselves.

Nothing against itsacult, but how many of itsacult posts have been "it's a cult" or a link to a website?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Look those of us who have been here a while know how someone can spend a lot of time here, gain trust and then be found out to be a liar and conman. He got the trust and sympathy of a lot of posters here.

Ultimately if you only want certain people reading something PM it it to them. As a mod even I can't read it.

Or create a private discussion board for you and your trusted friends. There are many places on the net that provide free discussion boards.

Asking the mods to "recommend" people - Not this mod. I don't want to be responsible for those decisions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit