How Important is knowing the Truth, Really?

by cameo-d 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nugget
    nugget

knowing the truth is less important than being able to spot the lie.

• moshe
    moshe
    knowing the truth is less important than being able to spot the lie.

Uh, you mean like, "change we can believe in"? I hate how politicians use those ambiguous feel-good slogans, where people can insert there own meanings and the politician never has to explain what they mean.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The truth is within you, someone said. Thus, we are each the truth, at our core. It's the surface things that blow us this way and that, like a boat driven, mercilesly on the surface of the ocean.

When i went for a ride on a boat, off the the mexican coast to a scuba dive site, the ocean was quite rough. I ended up getting sea sick, so sick, i didn't want to move. The dive guide said i would be ok in the water. So, they got my gear on me and i flipped backward into the water. Sure enough, as soon as i submerged, my sea sickness was instantly gone. It took many more yrs before i realised the other, deeper, but similar truth, which i stated above.

S

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

my take is that the wt was and is not honest, when the make the decision for us all what we dont need to know, when they change what they said, and when they dont really know what their saying! It really meens they suck and with all they claim to be I see hypocracy. a lie is a lie wich isnt truth. hiding the truth is deceptive. they are not what the claim to be. So the more special u think u are and then demonstrate the opposite. wwwoooowwww

• poppers
    poppers

Well said, Satanus. Dive to the core of what you are. When everything that you are not is let go what remains is truth.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Only real truth in life is found one second after your last breath in this world. All other truthes are guesses, politics and manipluation.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

If you're asking if ignorance is bliss, I'd have to say no. Ignorance hurts, plain and simple. It might not be obvious how and when but eventually someone always suffers because of ignorance. Life may not be all rosey all the time but understanding the world as accurately as possible is a great advantage.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Rubbish: untold millions have lived whole lives in what others may consider ignorance, blissfully.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Having some knowledge of truth can be painful. Ignorance can be bliss, i agree.

About my experience, afterward, i stopped looking and researching. Before the experience, i spent yrs looking for truth, happiness. I went to many churches, until i found the bible to be a hoax. I continued reading science, history, spiritual type books, explored some eastern thought. After my experience, i stopped all of that. Whether it was fake or whatever, i tell this for what it's worth to anyone. Each has their own path to walk.

That's not to claim that i'm so happy, now, or that i know so much. It's more like i realise my connection w all that is, and w that from which it came.

S

• Robdar
    Robdar

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." --Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit