Did You Ever Fink On Another Witness?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I agree with you but I have found that there is one rule for the publisher and another for the Elders and there friends.

Yes, there plenty of people that never reported anything and others who would report minor, embarrasing infractions. As you say, the elders would sometimes ignore the behavior of their children, because they didn't want to "lose their privileges", etc.

Any organization that requires its members to spy on one another and report each other is destructive, IMHO. This is not normal, adult behavior, it's one hallmark of a high-control group.

• minimus
    minimus

Elders bodies have a different set of rules.

• The Finger
    The Finger

My father who served as an Elder told me (years later) of a young sister that was raped in front of others and nothing was done. The Elders felt her father would have killed the brother, so they suggested more field service for the brother.

Reminds me of the Clint Eastwood film "High Plains Drifter"

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, more field service is just the right medicine for a rapist.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

"Any organization that requires its members to spy on one another and report each other is destructive, IMHO. This is not normal, adult behavior, it's one hallmark of a high-control group. "

You nailed it LeavingWT!

• The Finger
    The Finger

"Guilt. Being raised with nothing but guilt isnt healthy."

I just wanted to clarify what I meant.

I feel as a JW I grew up feeling guilty if I ate certain types of sweets. (It was thought they may contain blood.) I felt guilty if I didnt tell the kids i was a JW and use every opportunity to witness to them. As a kid I felt guilty if I wasnt scrupulously honest even to my detriment although Abraham didnt. Ect.

I found out my own brother had behaved in a bad way. But I knew of the crap Elders hid, appointed by Holy spirit.

I find I often suffer from "guilt" feelings. When I was a JW and expressed my views to friends, many nights I couldn't sleep as I went over and over the things I'd said.

Should you feel guilty for someone elses sin?

I feel bad enough about my own.

The only time I ever went to the Elders about somebody sinning was when I knew it was in the Elder body and they were not acting.

• minimus
    minimus

Guilt is what makes a good JW. The more guilt you have, the more control the Organization wields.

• mamalove
    mamalove

No, never did. But I was ratted on before.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

There was a CUTE little sister one time in the hall. I ran into her at the mall hanging out with an UGLY guy with piercings etc. I got jealous and went and finked on her. The Elder had already told this sister several times not to hang with that guy he told me.

The next time I finked was on myself. I had been married once before and not scripturally divorced even though I thought I had just cause for one because my wife was LIVING with another man for 6 months but the elder's said that she was just renting a room from him. Yeah right. They both lived in the same apartment on the same floor. Only a living room seperated their two rooms but ANYWAY....After 5 years I finally had sex with someone else being that I hadn't seen my wife in 5 years...I found out the elders would let me be scripturally free if I finked on myself so I did. Get reproved for 6 months but after that I was free to remarry! So I did...To a worldly gal 2 years later.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Not only do you have the individual spying & ratting out in the KH, but you have the collective elder body suspicion that someone in the cong has a "secret sin and is greiving Jah's holy spirit". Then the witch hunt is on to guess who & what it is.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit