because you realize this is not for you, she may try to

guilt you into keepin' it by saying, " but you we're doing so well !!!!! "

I've heard that a thousand times, just tell her you are doin' even

better now since you know it's not for you

• Ding
    Ding

Wise decision.

You're sparing yourself a LOT of grief.

It's up to you whether you want to try to show her that the Watchtower Society has done the very things she is criticizing churches for, but don't be surprised if it doesn't have any more impact on her than your points about the UN.

You might also say, "I've looked up the history of the Watchtower organization and based on that, there's no way I'm going to be convinced that it's God's organization."

If she wants details, you can give them to her. Put the burden on her to explain the failed Armageddon predictions of 1914, 1925, and 1975.

If you've read Ray Franz's Crisis of Conscience, you can tell her that unless she proves to you that he's lying about what he says about WT history, you couldn't possibly just the organization. If she says she doesn't respond to apostate literature, tell her she's free to ignore it but you won't.

That said, you're perfectly within your rights to simply tell her, "Thanks, but no thanks."

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Actually, take nugget's suggestion. Don't even let her in, keep her at the door, be respectful, nice all that diplomatic stuff, and stand your ground, it is YOUR life not hers. Return the books to her too. Don't give her reasons why you're stopping, just say it's your decision and thank you for enlightening me about your religion.

I know people here would love to turn this into an effort to try to show this dub something to make her question her stand, but it's not worth the effort. The mind-control will kick into overdrive if she hears your doubts/concerns.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Welcome to the board and congrats on learning the truth about JW's. Here is a video that illustrates a lot of what you described.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is not a "bible" study anyway - hardly anything about the real JW doctrine actually came from the bible.

It is actually a "JW cult teachings" study.

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Gooooood..." Depending on who is (or was) studying with you, she may try to guilt you or at least imply that you'll be destroyed at Armageddon because now you have 'accountability' since you 'know the truth'. Or she may even accept it gracefully, but still stop by to check on you and maybe even offer you some magazines from time to time.

But if you're known to have been exposed to 'apostate' ideas, you might be seen as too big a threat and she might disappear altogether.

Regardless, it's good to see someone cautious enough to do their own research on these issues. Just don't let kindness stop you from being firm in refusing any further attempts at studying their literature with you.

Congrats on waking up long before you ever went to sleep...

--sd-7

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome to the board Kristi. I agree with stopping the study with a smile. Anything close to combative and the jw lady will believe that she's being persecuted which in my mind is kinda like a jw brownie point.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You have to be firm, Kristi.

Just say NO.

Blessings.

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

That's right James,

they lie from the jump by saying it's a bible study ,when in reality

you study their lit, and you just reread from the bible what ever qoute

they used in their lit. And after you read it out of the bible, they look at

you wide eyed and say: " see it's in the bible " like that's somethin' amazin'

yea, the old bait & switch trick. Bait you by offering a bible study then switch to

studying their lit.

they might as well be still sellin' "Miracle Wheat" cause they still goin' around lyin'

• james_woods
    james_woods

I would also like to say that KristiKay must be one of the smartest JW bible study subjects ever...

She actually did her own research to understand from independent sources what she was being taught - and came to the wise decision that it was not only nuts, but eventually harmful to herself and her family.

Most JW bible studies just swallow it all eventually straight from the JWs, and keep circling the drain until then end up in the septic tank.

Fortunately for the world, there are not really all that many JW bible studies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit