I'm going to end my "bible" study

by KristiKay 44 Replies latest jw friends

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

Jimmy, It was a combination of things. When my usual lady comes over she is very gracious, she dosen't want to overstay her welcome, I can tell she's careful not to offend me. This lady walked into my house with an air about her. I'm going to quote someone else from here, a combination of " ignorance and arrogance", discribes her perfectly. She talked down to me, at one point she said " you know, some people accept a bible study only so they can argue with us" She had a southern accent that added to the whole thing ( I'm not trying to offend any one from the south ;) ) I felt really sorry for my lady, because I could tell she was a little nervous and trying to do a good job. I wanted to say, "quit trying to impress this stupid bitch!!!" but I didn't :( I probably should have, it would of solved my problem!

• Think About It
    Think About It
    This lady walked into my house with an air about her.

Yeah, you nailed it.....more than likely that was the CO's wife.

Think About It

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Co's wife's are all up themselves!! My mom had loads of them round for a meal after field circus and she never made friends with any of them. Mom asked the powder puff old trout once how do you like ya ice cream hot or cold? The trout was not amused!! I told me mom to give them beans on toast or bubble squeak with a smart price asda tin of rice puddin for desert!! And then ask her to do the washing up!!! No I carn't I may break a finger nail doing that manual work!!! Take the cars of them and give them a bus pass!! LOL

HHG

• bobld
    bobld

STOP STOP STOP THE STUDY IMMEDIATELY.Do not believe this supposely nice person she is evil,sly deceiving just like SATAN.They come under false pretense.They talk with a forked tongue.You done your homework she WILL NOT BELIEVE one word you say against this evil cult.Do not continue with her.Give her the BOOT,stay away from evil less you become contamiated.

B

• laverite
    laverite

I disagree with Bobld. She's not evil. She believes in what she's doing. She's probably very sincere. She doesn't deserve to be attacked for her efforts. I trust that Kristi will do the right thing and say the right thing. If she didn't care about the JW's feelings and the rapport she has with her, she wouldn't have posted here to get feedback. But, Kristi, just trust your gut instincts on this one. Be true to who you are.

• bobld
    bobld

Satan was/is sincere.yet he is evil.

B

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

KristiKay,

That is the best news I've heard all day and I'm glad we have helped you to come to that conclusion.

Oh if only 30 years ago I had access to an internet things would have been different.

See folks on the forum, this is what we do, this is how we can stop the Watchtower Organization from taking over more lives then they already have.

I do hope you find what your looking for KristiKay and I'm glad you won't let the Watchtower take control of your life.

If you really do like the women your studying with tell her that from now on what you want to do is switch off with her, one week study her stuff and the next week your stuff. Bet she won't do it.

LD

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

kristikay; you have gotten lots of great advise here. I've been debating jw's or trying to show them the errors in the WTS for decades. IT'S A WASTE OF TIME. they will allways give you another question to look up, to the point your go wacky. THE LONGER YOU KEEP STUDYING/TALKING TO THEM . THE MORE THEY WILL SCREW UP YOUR MIND. with crazy wt teaching that will take you years to figure out. be SMART JUST TAKE ALL THE BOOKS AND MAG'S THEY GAVE YOU AND DUMP THEM IN THE GARBAGE NOW. i SAID NOW AS IN NOW BEFORE YOU CLEAN THE DISHES. THEN TELL THIS JW LADY SHE IS NO LONG WELCOME IN YOUR HOME DON'T DEBATE HER ANY LONGER AND WISH HER WELL ... RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND NOT SPEND AN OTHER MINUTE TAKING TO THEM.... THIS IS GOOD ADVISE . END IT ALL TODAY!!!!!!!! YOU WILL BE HAPPY , EVEN IF YOU DON'T KNOW IT NOW. BE SMART AND TELL THEM TO BUG OFF. JYD

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

KK - Welcome to the board. I'm sure glad to dug in and realized "the truth" before you got recruited.

:-)

-MF31-

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

Kristi,

You are probrably making one of the best decisions in your life. You really are better on your side of the fence. I keep telling my husband that he's a very lucky person in that he never got baptized and didn't have to go through all of the emotional / physical baggage that I went through. I wouldn't wish this one anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit