Japan closed down 638 Congregations losing 5,337 Publishers....any ideas why? Internet?

by Witness 007 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Japan had incredible increases in the 80's and 90's of 20-30 thousand publishers a year until it collapsed in 1998....figure since then till 2011 have been going down.

1998 -222,912 Publishers -3,802 Congregation

9 Years later.

2006 -217,519 Publishers -3,164 Congregations {loss of 5,357 publishers closed 638 Congregations}

{Note that Japan Publishers average 31 hours a month compared to world 15 hours}

Did the rise of the internet do this, or the Cult subway gassing in Tokyo around that time, or the "generation 1914 teaching"

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Susposedly eating sushi has pagan origins and they are discouraged from eating it.

Rub a Dub

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Great analysis. I wonder what the figures are for the USA, UK and Australia.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I would be very interested to find out what has caused the stagnation and decline in Japan over the past 12 years.

I have a memory of poster possible-san talking about it, but I havent seen him around here lately.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

marking. I want to know why too.

• Gayle
    Gayle

population decline, strict immigration laws?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i wonder why too... possible san?

in those same years according to the yearbooks

the number of congs world wide went from 87644 in 1998

to 99770 in 2006, a rise of 12126.

i think its a case of the increases come more from latin america and africa... the rest of the world like Japan has been milked dry.

oz

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

they placed more importance on the RICE

• designs
    designs

Do you remember how the Japanese Witnesses were used as the 'model' for all of us Liberal and slack Witnesses. Even the 'model' of the Witness world get tired of that kind of grind.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Designs,

Good point - even the "industrious", "dedicated" or whatever JWs in Japan (in the 1980s, the WTS seemed to run out of pleasant adjectives with which to describe them!) could not keep up the pretense forever.

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit