Japan closed down 638 Congregations losing 5,337 Publishers....any ideas why? Internet?

by Witness 007 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I imagine soon there will be large decreases in the US as more and more people are being internet suave.

• Roski
    Roski

Internet, high stress (intense) lifestyle plus in Asian countries (at least the ones I know) fads tend to come and go in waves somewhat more than the west. They rode high initially on zeal (+ competition) then reputation (competition again)..then other things factored in.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

why dont someone call Bethel? I am not going to do it.

• Scott77
    Scott77

May be Possible San will clarify more on that. I recall attending an international Nairobi, Kenya three days District Convection in Africa, more than a decade way back. Japan JWs were a strong presence. They matched like armies, waiving their little 'fans' as the African weather was hot. With ladies wearing that beautful kimono dress, It was like a kind of fashion show then. Indeed, the display was impressive.

Scott77

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

It's the beggining of a trend. In the years to come they will lose more an more publishers in the more saturated territories and gain publishers in Africa, poor Asian countries, South America, Eastern Europe, etc. The overall numbers of the JW will increase, but they are constantly losing qualified males.

• designs
    designs

Dag-

Nice point, The Society is getting what they wished for- a undereducated poor class that cannot afford to financially support all of the Bethel homes and Missionaries around the world.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

when the zealous true believers discover the lie than all hell breaks loose and their feelings of betrayal create the mass exodus

• possible-san
    possible-san

Well, in this forum, mostly, I am always looking the subjects of "Bible Research & Study Articles", and "Beliefs and Doctrine & Practices."
    Therefore, I found this thread accidentally.

Probably, with regard to a topic which resembled this, I think that possibly I answered before.

In Japan, many congregations have been merged under a Society's direction/guidance/command.
    Therefore, the "congregations' decrease" and the "publishers' decrease" are irrelevant.

Well, with regard to the decrease in the publishers, I think that we cannot disregard an influence by the Internet.

possible

• Gayle
    Gayle

thank you possible-san, I always appreciate and respect your comments.

I think earlier that you got the 2010 Service Report. I think the 3 yrs previous showed "0" - no increase and no decrease. What did it show on 2010 report this time?

Thank you for all your responses.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, the numbers reported are odd in at least one way - if they killed 638 Congregations and only lost 5,337 Publishers that would be 8.something publishers per congregation eliminated. It is a lot of congregations lost for not that many publishers lost.

Maybe the society was doing the same thing they are here in the U.S. - trending toward combining congregations to make them larger or making it easier to staff them with elders/ms?

Maybe the loss in Publishers was a result of having to travel further or discouragement of losing their old meeting place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit