Front Load Washers. Are they good?

by Iamallcool 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

oops again (having an off day)

yes LG is stackable- you must purchase the LG dryer with it and buy a stacking kit WSTK1 around $25

CHG

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I have a LG combo front load washer and it's brilliant! The clothes wash better, softer & less damaged compared to any top loader I've ever had. The amount of water saved is amazing too!

It also has a timer, so I can program it when to start. I set it up before I go to sleep, so by morning when I get up, the clothes are ready for me to hang out to dry. Smart. No more waiting.

I will NEVER buy a top loader again.

3Mozzies

• Chalam
    Chalam

Front Load Washers. Are they good?

Anyone have a scan of the Awake this appeared in?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I bought a WM2050CW a few months back. I replaced a Kenmore Front load Washer that cost me oner $1200.00 U.S.

I did not want to spend asw much seeing the Kenmore lasted about 7 years.

It washes well the only complaint I have is that it is louder than my previous washer. (But the colored lights look cool in the dark-lol)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

you are so funny, Chalam.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Anyone know if the Samsung washers and dryers are any good? I could save well over a hundred bucks on the set. I'm less concerned about cycles/features and more interested in quality of construction.

Opinions on Samsung? Are the LG products 100 dollars better?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

mold forms in it.

99% good, 1% mold problem

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Finding a great deal is way more happifying than placing a Teach book in service!!!

Saw a stacked LG washer/dryer set over the weekend that we really liked the look of (model WM2301HR and DLE2301R, the great looking red ones). It had more features than we really could afford even though it was marked down to $899.99.

So today I stopped by the place again, just to see what else they had. One of our priorities was finding something that was NOT plain white.

Same set was marked down to $629.99. But when they looked in their computer they couldn't find any in stock in any of the stores in the region - none still in the box, anyway.

So they asked me if I wanted the display models they had on their floor. I had noticed some scratches in the paint on the washer and was hoping to find actual new machines that could be shipped to their store but they had no luck searching through their computer. So I said, "That washer is pretty scratched up. What kind of discount can you give me on that?"

They knocked off another $90.00 on each unit, even though the dryer was pristine.

So, I got the pair for $539.99 each. I think when these models first came out they were over $1000 each, so I feel like I got a really great deal.

How did I do, CHG? Did I get the bargain I think I did?

• Violia
    Violia

I think you got a deal. I have the red dryer stackable dryer myself. We are buying the washer with tax refund. Hope I can get half as good a deal as you did.

My dryer plays a tune, " whistle while you work" when the dry cycle is done.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Mad- I think you did really well- $90 a unit is pretty good for surface defects and $539 is about their cost (my store does not go that deep, but it is true that those are last year models and they probably had them on the floor for a while- they really were anxious to sell out that color...those can be the hardest to move, they can sit on this display floor for about a year sometimes)- did they say they were "demo" models? the term "demo" means they were in someone's house and they returned them (and then we put them on the floor because they cannot go back in the boxes), but "display" means that they were just sitting on display-

but the 2301 series has some good feature upgrades-

you can go online and order some LG red paint to go over those scratches if you want, but usually they are not a big deal at all- hell you are guaranteed to scratch them a bit over time when you drag your laundry basket over them-

Good Job

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit