Front Load Washers. Are they good?

by Iamallcool 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have been thinking about getting front load washer for my home, but I have not decided which brand, etc to get. Any recommendations?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I will follow this thread with great interest. I'm thinking of using my tax return on new laundry appliances this year.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

I have an Electrolux and like it.

My only complaint is that you NEED to use bleach in it to "clean" it out once in a while. Mine actually tells me when it is time for a system clean. I learned from experience that if you ingore the system clean your washing machine will start to smell when you run it and it will also make your clothes smell. When that happened a couple of times, I realized that it was NOT a good idea to skip it. I had to run the system clean with NO clothes in it, then run it again WITH clothes in it and add vinegar to the wash to get out the smell.

Otherwise I love everything else about it!

• cofty
    cofty

Front loaders are the most common format in UK. I think the advantage is their size, they can fit under a kitchen worktop. In my experience the central hub bearing is prone to wear, its almost always the first thing to go. There is a new motor design by Dyson that looks superb but is more expensive.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

I believe that you have to run a system clean with ALL front loaders, from what I hear. SO, not unique to my brand.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

We have gone with a LG one for the veryfact that it's so quiet and never breaks down, like the old cheap ones that only last a couple of years.

Spend a bit nore if you can on a LG or a AEG and it will last 6 years or more as ours is still great. Hope this helps

HHG

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've been using a Whirlpool Duet front loader for 4 years now, and I love it. It doesn't beat the crap out of my clothes like my old agitator washing machine did. I use the 'high efficiency' detergent in it, and it needs very little.

W

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Replaced our top loaders with front loaders by necessity as they died within a week. Mrs. swears we should have done this years ago.

I am from an European origin, so front loaders were not new to me, but todays versions with direct-drive motors are superbly more quiet and efficient.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I like mine. It uses a lot less water and detergent than the top loaders. I bought a Frigidaire 8 years ago, so it's not as fancy as the newer ones. Mine is a smaller one (3.1 cubic maybe?), so I really need to cram my duvet or large loads in there. They come out clean though.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I work in a "mom and pop" appliance store, and I sell mostly GE and LG front loaders- LG can be a great value for what it offers (they all have direct-drive motors, start at a 4 cubic foot capacity which is huge-24 bathtowels, and all that for around $600 bucks!) or you can get the fancy 4.8 or 5 cubic foot steam wash models for around $1300. But the bread and butter model I sell everyday and I do not have service issues with them

LG model: WM2050CW

that's my two cents (can I have the commission?? just kidding)

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit