Front Load Washers. Are they good?

by Iamallcool 40 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I've had a front loader for 10 years. Love it.

The best is that I use regular detergent (not HE). But, I use about 3 tablespoons for a full load. An appliance person told me that HE detergent was just watered down (but just as expensive as) regular detergent. So, the savings on detergent, alone, will pay for your machine.

My machine has a button for adding clothes after the wash has started. I always "forget" something, and that feature is very useful. I also have a button for extra spin. My clothes are almost dry when I do that.

Skeeter

• Robert7
    Robert7

I have a Bosch front loader, which is supposed to be a high end washer. It does a good job washing, but it is a total PAIN when it comes to worrying about mold smells. If you close the door when it's wet inside, either with clothes after laundering, or after you take the clothes out, it will eventually smell with mold.

After about 2 years I had to take mine apart and wash the hoses and plastic parts because they were covered in mold and smelled. Fortunately haven't had much of a problem since, but we're good about keeping the door open until it totally dries.

Just stinks to pay $800 for a washe then having to always worry about mold and smells.

BUT what I love about it, is that it's very quiet! Besides the spin cycle you bare can hear it running. To me this is a very important feature!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I had a mold problem too. I learned to keep the door slightly ajar when not in use (to air out), run bleach cycle (with my whites), and to use that stain removing powder too.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Have only ever had front loaders as the most popular here in the uk and personally I've found them really good. Have had a Servis, Bosch, Hotpoint...all work well and last years and years....

Loz x

• blondie
  • aquagirl
    aquagirl

Good info,Im wondering the excact same thing!Thanks all!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Sorry, didn't read all the previous posts; was thinking this was the title of a new Awake article - practical, at least!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

In Australia they are not popular at all, most stores have only one for sale compaed to many top loaders....I stayed at an expensive resort which had front load washer/dryer combo's which were totally useless!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

CHG, that LG model: WM2050CW seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. Has it been replaced by a different model #?

Also, is it stackable?

• llbh
    llbh

We have a Miele washing machine, it is quiet, reliable, simple to use ( even for a guy) and is very good to boot, though it is expensive.

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit