Greetings to All, No Longer Lurking

by Franklin Massey 55 Replies latest jw friends

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome.

I must admit that I find the subject of lurking interesting in itself. Apparently there are thousands of them. I lurked for about two or three weeks and then joined. Once you know it's not "the truth" why be out there without anyone to talk to?

I am sincerely interested, why did you lurk for two years without joining?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Welcome to the Board! Best of luck to you!

:-)

-MF31-

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome from Australia!

• flipper
    flipper

FRANKLIN- Welcome to the board. You went through what many of us did in having doubts for years - then finally allowing yourself to research those doubts. I look forward to hearing more from you. Please know you are among friends. Hang in there

• Open mind
    Open mind

Franklin: "I'm just a human in search of truth. I'll go where real truth leads me."

What a refreshing first post.

Welcome to the rest of humanity.

om

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Welcome. Let it be known that I do not want the Watchtower Society to be refurbished. I want to see it annihilated and all the ombilical cords that feed it's children cut with a rusty saw.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome to the real light !

Great first post

• clarity
    clarity

Greetings to you too, Franklin, and welcome from a bunch of humans much like yourself....hating lies and looking for truth.

Going against what has been pounded into our heads, 5 meetings a week ... is very scary. Even sneaking a read in a Cosmopolitan Magazine early on, can make us feel like someone is watching! lol

Coming on here 6 months ago took courage and trust in my 'gut' feelings, as I know it did for most of us ... and you.

For the ones you mention, who know within themselves that there is 'something wrong', something so gagging & smothering when questions can't be asked about doctrine, and something so evil that eternal damnation is the punishment for doubting, ... start digging & "make sure of all things"!

Remember, you need a relationship with God, ... not with any organization!

clarity

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Welcome to the forum!! I really enjoyed the tone of your first post...good stuff!

• amicus
    amicus

Totally groovey.

Don't expect me to trust you though.

I'm kinda yes or no...and I see you as...on a journey?

I find in our world today...those ones who are honest and reliable quite often have nothing to do with those old corrupt religious and political systems.

Welcome to chaos!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit