Is this Loaded Language in the 2011 Calendar?

by maninthemiddle 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The gift of guilt. Yeah, I want that calendar in my house...I don't think so.

• Terry
    Terry

Ironclad demonstrations of authority are tangible, provable, and logical while matching reality step by step.

CLAIMS, however, are mere opinion puffed up by rhetorical smooth-talk.

In Christianity there is only one crisis worth mentioning because all others pale by comparison.

The crisis is WHERE DOES THE AUTHORITY FOR TEACHING AND DOCTRINE COME FROM?

If you say: The Bible you must overcome the glaring concrete and demonstrable fact that there IS NO ORIGINAL Bible, autograph manuscript, uncorrupt translation or verifying document in existence! Totally necessary, but, they do not exist and weren't preserved.

What you do have is something rather shabby, suspect and at odds with acceptable proof: generations of re-copied, altered and tampered versions of earlier word-of-mouth stories.

The First Christian institution, the Catholic Church, understood the need for authority and claimed it for themselves. Using the Roman Emperor's authority the church sought to create out of chaos and dispute an ORTHODOX set of OFFICIAL beliefs and DESTROY COMPETING VERSIONS!

The Catholic Church stood for a millennia and a half before enough destruction, corruption and turmoil made the challenge to their Authority possible.

Until Martin Luther, authority flowed from the Church's majesterium and opinion of scripture--PERIOD!

After Martin Luther, it was simply Protestant opinion of scripture and NOT majesterium.

Jehovah's Witnesses have RECLAIMED THE CATHOLIC mystical majesterium in their Governing Body. They alone have the sole authority to interpret scripture. What they bind on Earth is bound in Heaven, as it were.

Pure mystical nonsense.

• therevealer
    therevealer

That illustration looks more like a first century CSI show. We are here to search your home, and yes we do have a search warrant.

• journey-on
    journey-on

That shadow on the wall is spooky. The shadow looks eerie complete with the sharp down-turned crooked nose while the actual person has a nice straight slightly-upturned nose. More subliminal messages from WT artist: What's really hiding in the shadows? (I see a couple of other weird things.)

• Gayle
    Gayle

The 1st century 'door to door scroll salemen' picture was in the DVD, released this summer at the convention.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Aquila and Priscilla were a zealous, hospitable Christian couple who kept abreast of revealed truth. (Acts 18:24-26) No doubt they frequently discussed God's Word together. Likewise, today, many Christian couples faithfully study the Bible together, making family worship a part of their lives.

Broken down:

"zealous" .... involved in the full-time ministry, which the Society holds as the ideal for every single Christian (pioneering, missionary work, Bethel service, etc.)

"hospitable" .... would regularly host traveling overseers or have Bible studies with interested ones in their own home

"who kept abreast of revealed truth" .... who would unquestionably accept whatever the GB declares to be "present truth"

"No doubt" .... What follows is unbridled speculation

"frequently discussed" .... Have regularly scheduled discussions

"today" .... Within the modern religion that bears the name Jehovah's Witnesses

"many" .... Not "most" or "all," as it should be

"Christian couples" .... Jehovah's Witnesses alone, not others who call themselves Christian

"faithfully study" .... Study in accord with the F&DS class, i.e. with Watchtower publications, and not unfaithfully pursue independent Bible study

"the Bible" .... But ideally not the Bible alone

"family worship" .... Worship is identified with Bible study and not things like prayer, thanksgiving, charitable deeds, etc.

"a part of their lives" .... Making something a part of your life means it is new and wasn't already a part of it. This is a new arrangement that is being promoted.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Leo: "No doubt" .... What follows is unbridled speculation

OMG, I can't stop laughing! How many times we've seen this one...!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Aquila And Pricila Lived in a Coal Mine..

They did`nt know Shit about WBT$ Revealed Truth..

The WBT$ has know Idea what they talked about..So they make things up..

Likewise today..The WBT$ will continue to make up storys..Take pictures of coal mines..

Put it all on a calender..Present it as truth..

And..

Jehovah`s Witness`s around the world,will hang it on their wall..

a first century mold.

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I realise you can`t Read or Write"..

"Neither can I"..

"Would you like to Buy an Expensive Scroll.. Neither of us can Read or Afford?"..

1st century door to door

The WBT$ is Run by Idiots!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

LOL Outlaw!!!

Yes, this is from the 2011 Calendar. I took the picture with my cell phone, sorry the quality is not better, I would have liked to get the whole page but my mother doesn't have a scanner.

And as someone already mentioned the door-to-door picture is from the new "faith in action" dvd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit