My Story Part I - My Parents

by Farkel 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

bizzy bee,

:An adverb modifies a verb — How do I sing? I sing well — but an adjective modifies a noun — What tastes good? Dinner tastes good.

:"You done good" is slang.

:"Take a deep breath and know that you did well (or "you have done well)."

You either have a limited sense of humor, or you don't read very carefully.

Take another look at what I wrote. Next time I'll use flash cards for you and skip the attempt at humor:

Lady Lee said:

:Take a deep breath and know you did good

--------------------

I replied:

You know, I just hate to be a pedant because it is so tacky to be a pedant. Still, I'm going to be a pedant here and show you the correct grammar because I'm quite fond of you:

"Take a deep breath and know you done good." (Reader alert: joke attempt here)

There. I feel so much better now. I think I did well. (Reader alert: grammar clue here)

--------------------

(Lady Lee got it, so she obviously is in no need of flash cards.)

Farkel, Bad Humor CLASS

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA cough cough sputter cough

You tryin ta kill me????

flashcards! hmfph I haven't needed those in decades

• flipper
    flipper

FARKEL- I admired how candid you were in writing your story. We have met and I like that you are a straightshooting guy. No BS. I'm so sorry you went through a very rough upbringing, especially by your mom ( what a piece of work , reminds me of my 1st ex-wife somewhat ) ; however at least you had a good relationship with your dad who taught you ethics, principles , and life. I look forward to your next part 2 of your story. Take care friend, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• undercover
    undercover

I read this late yesterday but didn't have time to comment. I found myself thinking about Farkel's post later and realized that these posts of a more personal nature are as important as threads about the scandals and false teachings.

They show that JWs, as a group, are not especially enlightened, or protected, or happier, or whatever, than any other group of people. I guess it could be argued that maybe JWs are more fucked up than a lot of groups, going by some of the testimonials we see here.

I wish I could write as elequently as many here can. Maybe I'd try to share deeper feelings and experiences....

So thanks to you guys and gals that take the time to write these up and and share them. And it takes courage for some...to post innermost thoughts and feelings. I applaud that as well.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I wish I could write as elequently as many here can. Maybe I'd try to share deeper feelings and experiences...

You write clearly and well, with an acuity that is startling at times.

There's no doubt in anyone's mind as to your feelings.

Syl

• VIII
    VIII

What Undercover said: +1

What Sylvia said about Undercover: +2

Sylvia is also a very good writer.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

That was a great read Farkel; I will look forward to reading the next installment.

• minimus
    minimus

Thank you for sharing your story, Farkel. As I was reading it, I was saying to myself that I doubt I would bare my soul like you did.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

;-)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    They show that JWs, as a group, are not especially enlightened, or protected, or happier, or whatever, than any other group of people. I guess it could be argued that maybe JWs are more fucked up than a lot of groups, going by some of the testimonials we see here.

I remember wondering, later, after being out awhile, if Sybil was the result of a fanatical JW mother. Seriously. Or perhaps "Carrie" (or her creator). Given what I've seen... here and among those I knew... and some of the stories my children told me over the years (including rape, murder, and suicide)... I've absolutely NO doubt that there is a tremendous amount of untreated but very serious PTSD. There has to be.

My apologies for the deviation (no pun intended).,. and "Carrie" on (pun intended).

Peace to you all... and, again, particularly to you, dear Daddy-O!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit